Fitting a sony car stereo in a 51 plate k11 micra?? HELP!!

Hey guys,

Great forum you have here, i'm posting cos i'm in need of some help!!

My girlfriend has a nice k11 nissan micra with the standard (blaupunkt) stereo. I have bought her a nice Sony cdx-gt410 stereo for it and want to fit it in for her. This is where i am having problems.

I have so far bought two of the wrong harness adaptors for it (the pc2774 and then pc 2764) but have now ordered what is the right one Pc2134 or something like that (it fits into the ford maverick as well apparently)

My main problem is i'm unsure how to actually fit it and hope someone can help me.

I know how to take the old stereo, i take out the centre console, then unbolt the 4 screws that hold the old stereo in place.

What i dont understand is how i put the new stereo in. Sonys have a cage, and in a previous car i fitted one in this cage just slotted in the snug space. However in this micra there is a HUGE gaping gap, so if you whack the cage in it'll more than likely just drop down into the gap.

Has anyone fitted in a sony stereo in their micra? what did they do?

Does the cage have to be flush with the bolts or should you not insert it fully and then try use those fold out bits in the cage?
Is there any way of bolting the sony stereo in?

Any help would be much appreciated (and photos even more appreciated....as doing this kinda work is soooo not my day job!! :) )

Thanks guys.