Pump It Up

CMF_White Knight

» CMF Member
White Knight now getting ready for a dose a anabolic steroids.
Throttle body, fuel rail all gone, in goes Autronic SMC, new fuel rail and a throttle body pre supercharger from a Nissan Pintara 2.4lt. Its a good fit as its quite a small unit overall and the butterfly valve looks about 50% bigger than the Micra one and the throttle cable will just about be a straight run from the pedal to the linkage!!
Leaving the water injection as a direct spray into the air intake post intercooler as changing to a spray onto the intercooler means to much time lag and most likely if you are on/ off boost by time the cooler air hits the fuel you are off boost.
A little bit of fabrication but good thing do not have to disturb supercharger etc.
Biggest issue will be wiring up the Autronic SMC and getting the engine managemnt sorted.Do not laugh guys but have never ever seen an engine managemnt set up wired up to a lap top before and hope my old Toshiba with Windows ME is up to it. Should be as they say from Windows 98 is fine.The Autronic has a "self tuning mode" so this should be interesting.
Oh for the days of a couple of carbies, a screw driver and a good ear.You know what I mean Mychael.
How many more kws??or should I say how much steeper will the torque curve be??
It will be dynod at the same place so a direct comparison can be made.

cisco

» CMF Member
Just beautiful!

Good luck and hope you have her back within the next couple of days.
You should easily smash over 100kw. Monster torque especially, but I wouldn't be surprised if you cracked over 110kw.

It sounds like a very angry car now.

cisco

» CMF Member
We should time your car over the 0-100kmh and quarter mile one time I reckon.

CMF_Nissanmania

» CMF Member
I've got another car running an Autronic (an SM2)- you'll be mightily impressed with its tuneability and flexibility. No need for separate boost controllers, water spray controllers etc. Leaves Wolf 3D's and the like for dead. Equivalent to a Motec just a little cheaper.

No problems with your lowly Windows 98 laptop - mine runs their software easily.

If you want to get really carried away you can fit an AIM MXL digital dash to interface with the Autronic - see www.aimrace.com.au. Anyway, thats jumping ahead a few steps.

CMF_evade

» CMF Member
sounds awesome david,

im interested to see how the autronic hooks up with the stock micra distributor as its sync/timing signal is on one wire or something..and yeah..it was troublesome but we worked something out

let us know how it all goes

CMF_evade

» CMF Member
damn..they have cool accessories:

Sync Reference pickup.
For use where no reference signal available at camshaft RPM.
Number 1 spark plug lead is passed through the hole.
Can only be used with single coil engines.

Gear Tooth Sensor
Hall effect sensor for use on crankshaft or camshaft trigger disks.

answered my own question.

CMF_White Knight

» CMF Member
Okay will see after the dyno if we can get some times.
Laurie my racing mechanic mate will know someone with one and maybe we can do a few runs at Symonds Plains.
I can line up against his race RX7.!!!Lol.

Back