Whitey Update

CMF_White Knight

» CMF Member
Well!!!!! the beast is running but had problems getting it to idle when coming off power.
Lots and lots of adjustments to the Autronic programme and the Pintara throttle body but she nows revs up and comes back to idle ( 11OO rpm)without stalling. Timing is spot on and we did not do a power run as we ran out of time so will hit the dyno on Monday.No use doing a power run if its not 100% down low.
We can adjust the rev range to whatever we want. Have set max at this stage at 7000 rpm but can dial it up to say 8000 if we want. Tempting.Anyway will wait for the power run and make sure all is right up the top end and then maybe screw it up a bit and see if any gain. I am sure the motor can handle it.
Overall a good 3 hours spent getting everything right at the dyno shop.
Fuel rail fine Cisco. No leaks but did not expect any problems as Errol had it pressure tested before it was shipped over.
Beast sounds awesome on the few ocassions we ran it up to around 6000 rpm. Have a new full flow sports muffler on it plus about a 60 degree dump pipe so all the ****e hits the tarmac and not all over the back of the car.
I am stuffed but more emotional than anything else.
Just great relief all the mods work and its going to be a hauler mauler for years to come.

CMF_White Knight

» CMF Member
Yes looking good but no matter how much you check and double check everything, you have to expect a few surprises when the key is turned. When the car would not idle first up discovered one the the hoses was collapsing under vaccuum.
Air hose from supercharger to intercooler mainly metal but on one bend was Hd rubber. Well throttle body now pre supercharger so this line now pulls vaccuum. So when coming off boost and pulling vaccuum hose was sucking in.
So mad scramble to find a piece of flex. hose wire reinforced.
Considering all the mods and well a complete engine re map very happy it basically fired first up.

CMF_White Knight

» CMF Member
The whole system is being tuned for premium unleaded as you cannot buy anything higher in Tassie.
THe Spearco water injection system works of manifold pressure via a Hobbs switch and will cut in around 5 psi boost and it is instant. This is why I like it, no pump to worry about but have to make sure system remains pressurised and only comes into play when you want. Guess this is my insurance policy but will also give a better burn and reduce build up of carbon deposits and aslo help fuel economy but not the reason I went for it.I am sure the internals can handle anything now as same as Ciscos plus have had the pistons, head ceramic coated and I am only at 10psi !! Still you cannot compare say a turbo with a supercharger as being same. I am sure supercharger puts more strain on the motor overall and certainly down low.
Price you pay when chasing torque from go to whoa.
Cant wait for a full power run ( hopefully tomorrow!!) and maybe it will get a name change to the "Hauler Mauler"
Torque has been the goal and want to see how a supercharged Micra stacks up against a turbo Micra.
Be good to see say Cisco dial in 10 psi boost do a dyno run and stack it up against White Knight on the same dyno.
The torque curves would be very interesting.

CMF_White Knight

» CMF Member
Seano the Spearco can handle whatever psi you want. You can change the nozzle size if you run high boost and want more water mist into the air intake.
The mist is around 3/5 microns which is well just a fog.
I am not sure what octane rating will do if anything.
All you are achieving is cooler denser air mixing with the fuel.
Does this answer your question??
Go the mighty Swans and go the Cowboys next weekend.

cisco

» CMF Member
Looking good white knight.

No if I backed bluey down to 10psi and we were going head to head, I would be very worried. Bluey would stand a chance if I kept the revs above say 3500-4000rpm and beyond where its on full boost, but around town and corners where we might spend more time at lower rpm, you would eat me alive.

CMF_Sean

» CMF Member
The octane rating is in relation to the lowest octane petrol you can use while using the water injection system.

I'm keen to compare yours against mine mate

Otherwise, Gee Dave even mighty's scared of whitey now!

Sean

CMF_White Knight

» CMF Member
WEll had a power run today. Pity I was not there but she hit 90kws which is less than previously (97 kw)but led to belive the torque curve is very impressive and it is so smooth from go to whoa.Will have some graphs tomorrow when I pick her up but not bringing it to Melbourne as there are still some items that need tidying up. She does not idle to well when cold and some further work needed to correct this plus the fix to stop the air hose sucking in under vaccuum is a very temp. fix and needs to be done.
Ran out of time as we jump the ferry Wed. night.
Part of the reason Kws down is the lower compression and there is no doubt more boost is the answer so will have to have to install a smaller supercharger pulley and get it up to around 12/13psi.
Anyway early days and more fine tuning needed.

Back