• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Pulsar SR20DET 4WD conversion Blog

Yeah feel free to update! Your in a better position to than i :)

Car on the rollers looks good! Cheers for the photo

Provided the oil isn't allowed to run out (sr20s can use a resonable amount at high mileage) the engiens are very tough.

Seconded, my Almera GTi (Well, one of them) is on 196,000 miles and stil runs fine!

Good luck with the conversion!

Also - if you're using the eGT engine instead of the Almera GTi one, it should be a lot more tuneable, as it uses a better-flowing highport head, whereas the GTi uses a lowport one.

Yeah it's definitly the eGT engine that's going in :)

I really can't wait to have her back!!!!

Ahh the alarm making the indicators flash cos the door is ajar! That's what makes it your K10 Arnie! Oh and the MASSIVE stickers on the doors :p

Go and buy NissanMicraSR20.com ;)

It was tempting, i considered selling it on for profit :p

I thought you had an MA12!

And the flashing light alarm will be gone. I'm gonna get a thatcham approved jobby chucked in there instead

It was tempting, i considered selling it on for profit :p

I thought you had an MA12!

And the flashing light alarm will be gone. I'm gonna get a thatcham approved jobby chucked in there instead

lol! you obviously dont read my blog enough lol

MA10 FTW!!

Out with the old.. in with the shiney 2.5'' collector

cimg2433mf1.jpg

cimg2434no6.jpg

New manifold looking very shiney. Is that a flexi pipe on it?! & don't panic about parts guys, i'l be doing a new thread soon about those:)

I'm told the engine and everything is all out now, and the false floor and ice wiring has been removed too.

Really cant wait to get her back!!

Lol cheers ;)

We will be going up there at some point mate, and probably crashing at my dad's pub in Bradford... i'm sure you like the sound of that lol.

Lol cheers ;)

We will be going up there at some point mate, and probably crashing at my dad's pub in Bradford... i'm sure you like the sound of that lol.

Sounds alright, I've practically given up drinking now though, haven't been drunk in months. So i'll probably be a 2 pint warrior!!!

Yeah could well be, but its not really a town center pub or anything. Lots of local's enjoying there ale, that sort of thing!

The kind you walk into and everyone goes quiet, then the barmaid looks at you and says 'this is a local pub for local people'?

Na, its very welcoming! just quiet. Won loads of awards, anyway, back to topic :p

The kind you walk into and everyone goes quiet, then the barmaid looks at you and says 'this is a local pub for local people'?

LMAO, the kind of pub where even the pool balls stop rolling to look at you.

I'm planning on nipping over to see this one in progress, it will be a unique project.

LMAO, the kind of pub where even the pool balls stop rolling to look at you.

thats quite funny.. lol

.. The jukebox stops playing and the Sports reader, on the dusty telly at the end of the bar, all stop and stare..

ANNNNEEEEEWWWAAAYYYY

Yea.. I think im going to have to start charging admission.. if this carries on..

.. There will be no viewing of the car until at least there is some significant progress though people.. a few weeks yet..

.. about the project:

by the end of the week.. the car will have pretty much everything removed from it needed.. then its the new things going in...

few piccies tomoz

Lol, well there's not many complete SR20 k10's out there right? Besides, i want first viewing :p

Ahh i got the wrong end of the stick, i thought i missed something, like you were going rear wheel drive or something.

Good luck with it though, keep a journal. I enjoy the reading, even if nobody else does

Picking up the new tackle this comming week and will have a trial fitting next weekend..

In:
cimg2418ze6.jpg

Out:

cimg2438ln8.jpg

wow.. amazing stuff!

!!!!!!!!!!! Crap Joke ALERT !!!!!!!!!!!!

cimg2444vs7.jpg

We all should have a bit of christian in us!!! ooo000ooo00oooohhh!!!!

.. Gasket Glasses!!!.. shudda gone to specsavers!!!!

..im here all week...

haha!! bye bye Ma10, you served me well!! Good to see the engine bay isn't in a bad way.

Keep up the good work, and have fun with my wiring!! :p

That engine bay is filthy! get some cleaning products on it!

How are you doing the wiring Kristian?
Might be worth having a talk to Batch and/or Quickdraw.

Cant wait to see this get going now!

Very Anxious Angela

Spoke to quickdraw regarding what hes done with the fueling.. Sent batch a PM but hes not got back..

Anyone got his email?

ARNOLD: Picked up your GTI/GTIR Calipers need to talk about disks and pads...

You ever use msn?

Not that often but will use it more if you need to catch me on it! Just going home from Oxford now so doubt i'l be on it tonight. Ring / txt me if you ever need to urgently ask anything!

Get the Fto/gsx brakes, using the Clio 180mm discs.. mmmm lovely! Thats what the Almera lot do.

fueling is easy just fit a external electric fuel pump like they do on autograss cars

How did Batch and Quickdraw do theirs?

You fancy putting a big engine in my mini (cooper, before it goes any were) Kristian! My partner, shall we say, wont get his suit dirty!

Yes, as i said in the pm arnold, hope this goes well, hope to see it on the road VERY soon.
You will not be dissapointed with the power ratio.

I sometimes wish i had simply just put the engine in a run it like that but, im too precise, i want to get it in their and it be perfect for what i want it to be. ALONG WITH ALL THE DAMN BODY WORK TO DO. lol

But again ive took that engine out now, lol, again. To go with the turbo..

Kristian hope the info in the pm was satisfactory to your questions aswell. Any more questions feel free to ask!

It's all in Kristian's hands so i'l leave Kristian to do the updating here. I'm going up on the 24th to check her over and bring some parts back

I REALLY can't wait to get it back! It's also having some body mods done Quicky, but nothing too extreme! I'l enjoy NA power for Donny and then hopefully get her turbo'd for JAE :) - that's hopefully going to be achievable!

Back