• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Pulsar SR20DET 4WD conversion Blog

do it - do it - do it - do it - do it - do it - do it - do it,

and if you do let me know the final cost and details, i want to do this!:p

wait another year before buying a house, house prices are going to fall and when they do they will plumit, you'll save yourself alot of cash and avoid getting into negative equity. thought i'd put my economics a-level to use there :)

anyone know any places in the middlands that would do this sort of conversion, and how much ruffly??

thanks curtis

wait another year before buying a house, house prices are going to fall and when they do they will plumit, you'll save yourself alot of cash and avoid getting into negative equity. thought i'd put my economics a-level to use there :)

Was that at all related.. Or did you just wanna put that out there :p

Great news for us 18 year olds tho XD

i take it youre going for fwd sr20 ? if i was gonna do a sr20 conversion think id have to seriously think about going rwd...just for the hell of it...as it cant really be that much more effort :)

nah... the way i see it, if youre gonna pull out your hair doing a conversion you may aswell make yourself completely bald instead of just on top :D

Yeah rwd would take alot of time! I think sticking a 2.0 in a micra is good enough achievement, there aren't many about. No successful K10's either, but hopefully mine will be the first :)

I'm going for fwd

Is there not a k10 micra on here somewhere with a 4wd conversion, there is a thread here somewhere from not long ago, should ask the guy the amount of work involved, depends on the cost tho, a 2.0 k10 is gonna be an extremly good conversion anyway, will be extremly quick.

Kristian is picking it up Saturday guys! We've kinda discussed what i want and the possibilities, so fingers crossed everything goes well. He's gonna check it all over Saturday and just make sure we've covered everything :)

good luck with it Arnold!!!!
always said your K10 was wicked!!! and now.....with the engine upgrade...and looks....wow!!!

all the best with it!!! to you and Kristian!!!
napster

Yeah i hope it goes well too! I'm glad your getting it done as you'd have never forgiven yourself otherwise!! You best start looking at other buckets if your not getting the boss ones!!

Yeah i'l keep my eyes open for some nice one & harnisses (sp). i'm probably too fat for those boss ones now!

jesus its only taken you 2 years of going on about it and your finally taking the first step! very exciting!

personally i would have opted for a 1.6 but lets see how it goes! :D looks like i may have to sell the mr2 to fund doing this to mine :p although atm with the weber's its ####ing fast! :p think id rather an 4a-ge over an sr20 but that prob be harder to achieve

Yeah i was gonna do the 1.3, for weight.. i even owned a CG13, box and non nats ECU which is now being ragged to death by Ollie :p

then i considered the 1.6 Carb engine for less hassle with the fuel system, but hey, 2.0 turbo sounds alot more fun than the others and still yet to be achieved in a K10, so why not ;)..

Is there such a thing as the 300 club? ;)

just a question. has kris ever finished an engine conversion?

i know he's well handy with everything car related but id personally be jubious about handing my car over not knowing what id be getting.

this aint a dig at you kris pal.

Provided the oil isn't allowed to run out (sr20s can use a resonable amount at high mileage) the engiens are very tough.

Lol!! i'm quite sensible in my car these days, besides the K10 is being made considerably more safer, and we all know the SR20 is pretty tough anyway!

Kristian is very confident this project will be completed with success, and there's no way i'd give it up & pay lots of money if i think it's going to fail.

The car's already been collected by Kristian, and our ideas discussed. First step is to get it on a rolling road to see what it's currently running, before she's stripped to bits and the work begins!

how much bhp is the sr20 turbo your looking to use excuse my ignorance, but is it true that there's only a set amount of power that can be run with fwd, 230bhp or somthing like that? abit off topic but i herd it on a jeremy clarkson dvd once?

Little bandit was 444bhp, front wheel drive :)

I'm looking to take this K10 to around 300 give or take! but my main aim at present is to get the SR20 in and running, then concentrate on the turbo a few months after i'm used to the 2.0, just to make sure it's working fine.

i thought it wernt true, just didnt sound logical. 300bhp, thats pretty awsome. have you looked into roll cage prices? if so how much you looking at for a roll cage?

I'm walking around at the moment but shall be digging my old bike out soon!! Otherwise, Ems is chauffering me around.

The car will be having a full roll cage, (cost tbc), bucket seats & harnisses. There will be some strengthening (sp) done to the chassis as its obviously not designed for 300bhp!

Further details of all this will be released over the next few months and i'l be running a blog on my website.

No he ain't!!! He's not actually on the insurance this year!!! :p

I might have to change that now tho :down:

No he ain't!!! He's not actually on the insurance this year!!! :p

I might have to change that now tho :down:

He'll break it!!! You know what he's like!!!

Well when the 2.0ls (minus the turbo) running, we got a date down the strip against the Orion Turbo! You may have to tow the reliable ford though!

Yeah i'd be up for a bit of Santa Pod action, and i wont break the K11!! i'm careful :p

Car is on the Rollers ( Dyno Dynamics ) this Saturday.. Looking to get it on the rollers again within 4 weeks with 3-4 times the current power NA..

Ok, well lets take guesses. 1992, 1L with 115000 miles on the clock.

Mods include Magnecor 85mm Leads, K&N Element filter & OEM airpan. 4-1 Manifold & Custom backbox.

I reckon 54bhp

At the fly, because i know as standard that should be 50. Not sure what wheel HP it should produce

Really? why!

lol because of all the years of abuse you gave it :p , plus it's done a fair bit of milleage, it's bound to be down on power.

Kev

because a 1967 Ford mustang GT370 thats supposed to be running 300bhp...... after just 40,000 miles had just 215bhp.

you have got to consider piston rings, valve seat wear, bearing wear, "coking", General Fatigue of component parts..Regardless of mods.

lets say that you have lost approximately 15-20 bhp from standard over the years.
thats 35BHP, then add your mods, which to be honest on a tired car arent gonna give the same gains as a new one..... so lets say 3BHP for both the k+n and the exhaust, thats still only 41bhp...

i could possibly say about 60-70bhp on twin carbs or a masively flowed head, but it would need some serious maintainance to achieve this.

LOL, yeah maybe an increase is a bit optimistic! however for an old girl who's taken some abuse, it runs sweet. No smoke or burning oil and sounds pretty healthy too.

I'm curious to see the results / photos, but they'l be posted here when i get em. Then the work begins!! can't wait to get her back

Lol! Shall i open a book ;) - Interesting to see Ed and others suggesting an increase so will be an interesting result

Back