• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Pulsar SR20DET 4WD conversion Blog

Have you got an engine for this yet? If not I know someone that has a 2.0 Inj Mazda 626. Engine runs fine, failed MOT on bodywork. £50

Yeah mate all sorted. SR20 from a Primera EGT (slightly tuned up pre cat engine). I believe it has a 7500rpm Rev limit as standard and
Similar performance to most normal 2.0 litre cars until 6000rpm. 6000 - 7500 is where the engine really pulls. 70mph achievable in 2nd!

Whether that's true or not, i dunno!

As I just read after posting lol, nice.
This should be really sweet when done, what gearbox are you using?

I might put the 2 litre in the back of mine

lmao good luck :p

The 2.0-litre petrol engine received a power upgrade in 1992 which gave the then eZX, (later renamed the eGT) 150 bhp from the standard 123 bhp 2.0-litre engine and a top speed of around 219 km/h (or 137 mph).

Sounds like fun!

A rear engine conversion isn't that hard, just gotta weld the front of another car into the boot and plug it all in.

Get all pics and everything up and write a guide for your conversion.

We could start a 2 litre micra revolution!!!

what about a 2.6L 8 cylinder Turbo charged 4wd micra? (with over 300bhp ..lol)

2x CG13DE Turbo engines,.... 4wd with linked gearboxes..

MMMMM

i know where to get a fully running Egt engine gearbox and...well the whole car actualy..lol

what about a 2.6L 8 cylinder Turbo charged 4wd micra? (with over 300bhp ..lol)

2x CG13DE Turbo engines,.... 4wd with linked gearboxes..

It would probably be 'easier' to just do a GTI-R Pulsar 4wd conversion instead of setting up two engines! anyway, insane idea.. i think doing a 2.0 will be enough work and still produce good enough results!

Will update thread with details and stuff as it happens

I reacon 47bhp. But bear in mind that half the weight out the car has now gone as it doesn't have any ICE in it anymore :p

come on then Kristian. Admit it's the biggest pile o poo you've ever driven!!!! (coz it is!!)
What did you think of the clutch?

Ive driven loads of crap.. many Luxury Mercedes and BMW.. and many 'fast' cars..

From Supras and Skylines to a brand new Mustang Convertable..

.. to be fair.. it was quite hair raising at first.. but after a few hundred miles.. ( lol.. Not really.. more like 10miles )...

.. you get used to the clutch and rattles.. and its got charicter.. a 1.0 K10 was my FIRST ROAD CAR!! Ill always have a soft spot for them!..

Ive driven MUCH WORSE!!!!!

ha ha

I may have someone arnold that could be interested in doing this conversion for you but let me get back to you on it...unless kristian is doin it for you.

;) sCoPeZ

Theres nothing wrong with caring/worrying about the person you love. Esp in a poxy tin can.

If this is for road use:
SOD THE ROLL CAGE!! (do something to avoid a 'roll' <or anything else for that matter>)

i.e traet the cause ...not the effect

A few quid (not a few hundred) and a driving attitude review will DRASTICLY reduce the risk of being involved in a minor scrape (or god forbid) a serious accident (and a lost loved one)

I will be checking in with the membership secretary at cambridgeshire group for two new members (both of you)
http://www.cadg.org.uk/
to make sure you joined

Any one else with a highIQ to sparecash ratio can check out this..
http://www.micra.org.uk/showthread.php?t=14275

Agreed :p

Besides, the roll cage is there to improve handling / reduce body flex and improve safety. Believe it or not Sammo, i am a safe driver & have never been in a crash as a result of my driving! Always on the ball and thinking on behalf of other people (what they're gonna do etc) & it's got made me evade trouble in the past :)

I just want it back lol, i miss driving!

Agreed :p

Besides, the roll cage is there to improve handling / reduce body flex and improve safety. Believe it or not Sammo, i am a safe driver & have never been in a crash as a result of my driving! Always on the ball and thinking on behalf of other people (what they're gonna do etc) & it's got made me evade trouble in the past :)

I just want it back lol, i miss driving!

WHATEVER!!!! :wow:

Theres life in the old girl yet..

cimg2402bu7.jpg

standard inlet on that isnt it

i see a pattern in the torque curve between mine and that one

mines starts to fall around 4k and so does yours, to me i think its either the carb or the inlet that causes it, but more inlet design imo

Awesome! really surprised with such a gain, especially on an old engine. I always knew it was more powerful than when i first got it though!

wow thats good, what have you had done to that?

Ok, well lets take guesses. 1992, 1L with 115000 miles on the clock.

Mods include Magnecor 85mm Leads, K&N Element filter & OEM airpan. 4-1 Manifold & Custom backbox.

so thats why your peek max bhp is so high! you had the 4-1 fitted i thought you didnt have it on

so comparing both 4-2-1 manifold and 4-1 on a k10 is pretty much simple

my 4-2-1 gives max power at 5200k
arnolds 4-1 give max power just before 6400k

but if you had a 1.2 engine we could of compared both against each other

Yeah just the 1.0, but i think it shows there are gains to be had. I've always said the max power is above the 6000 redline, and have even said there's power up to 7000, but i don't think many people were convinced :)

Cheers to Kristian for suggesting and getting it on the rollers, taking it there, uploading the graph etc.

Now let the 2.0 work commence!! :D

so thats why your peek max bhp is so high! you had the 4-1 fitted i thought you didnt have it on

Thing about the 4-1's is that you can change where the max power comes in depending where the pipes join, hence the standard manifold is basicly a 4-1 and very short, mostly the reason why a lot of the torque is at the bottom.

I was 3.1 bhp out.. lol..

We could of taken the engine further with there being no Limiter. However, as you can see, the power was dropping 7000+ so there was no need to really..

Work has already Started on the car..

well if arnold will give me the 4 - 1 manifold then we can compare yours with mine,

lol

*needpics*

hehe, to be fair, i've agreed with Kristian to receive an update every couple of weeks, or where my input is needed. He knows what he's gotta do so i'm just gonna let him get on with it. I'l be keeping you guys updated though.

My 4-1, magnecor leads, longlife silencer, super s seats, K&N, nissan clutch, recon box and various other bits will be up for grabs when available.

hehe, to be fair, i've agreed with Kristian to receive an update every couple of weeks, or where my input is needed. He knows what he's gotta do so i'm just gonna let him get on with it. I'l be keeping you guys updated though.

My 4-1, magnecor leads, longlife silencer, super s seats, K&N, nissan clutch, recon box and various other bits will be up for grabs when available.

If you want to Arnold, you can set them as 'For Sale' now..

.. do you want some pics of each beforehand?? I will have them all available before the weekend.. So could organise that with you..

I'l come up your way and get it all mate, for example, i can't sell the brakes as you might be using them with the SR20, then replacing them at a later date etc.

Lol it's early days! Loads of work to be done. I'm sure Kristian has some of the rolling road, but the major work has yet to be undertaken

The thread will be updated as it happens :p

Back