Pulling dent from rear quarter?

Apologies for the slightly hard to see pics.
285379_248645768497474_100000561596420_951610_1242120_n.jpg

269971_248645818497469_100000561596420_951611_401322_n.jpg

Is this at all pullable? I have no experience with these things other than with a little vacuum pad. it all seems rather sealed in from behind which is a bit rubbish for most things :wasntme:
Any tips or tricks out there?

Think the only way you can really pull dents is that machine that fires pins into the bodywork, allowing you to pull the dent out from the outside. But you would have to then filler over it and respray though, so I don't know if anyone else has any suggestions?

That's a point actually, can you not get to the dent from the inside of the arch if you take the wheel off?

I've tried giving it a bang from behind but i think it's double skinned from both the arch and the boot. I've not had the wheel off though (lack of space)

I've tried giving it a bang from behind but i think it's double skinned from both the arch and the boot. I've not had the wheel off though (lack of space)

it could,nt be more accessible fwn i would cut a wooden wedge and smack the lower crease out first

Attachments

• SDC12392.JPG
    SDC12392.JPG
    252.8 KB · Views: 245
Hmm, ok. I did have a feel around there at an earlIer attempt but couldn't find anything lumpy. i'll wap out the screwdriver and mallet again now and have another look.

Hmm yes there is something there now :doh: :wasntme: but there's not really room to wave a mallet so yes a wedge will be sorted. Cheers guys! (Y)

Rather than using hammers or bits of wood etc.
Get an old football/leather football bladder or an old bike inner tube and let the air out. Wedge it in behind the dent (As per Franks picture) with the valve where you can reach it. Might need to brace it with some wood.
As you blow it up it should pop the dent back out. Its not going to make it perfect but it will look a lot better. And you are less likely to gouge/stretch the panel.

Back