Hello from Tokyo!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My name is Roo and I work for www.apache-r.com here in Tokyo, Japan. I'm actually American so if my English seems a bit odd, sorry, just be thankful it's not Engrish. We do all kinds of automotive/bike related international trading and the company has been around for over 25 years. Hopefully I will eventually be able to help some you guys out with those hard to find outside Japan JDM parts and such. (Y)

So....

One of our company cars is a UK-spec Micra convertible. After attending a recent Micra/March meeting here in Japan, I was suprised to find that there is demand for Aero for the convertible Micra here in Japan. From what I understand, the sides, rear and trunk are different size/shape than the regular 2-door/4 door models...but seeing how there is only a limited number of these in Japan, I wanted to see the demand outside Japan. (and here I am :laugh:) If there is enough demand, I'll get to it with the designing and hopefully come out with some aero everyone will be able to appriciate!

This is our little guy

arm0.jpg

arm1.jpg

seats 4....more like 2 and a half but hey :laugh:

I'm already specing out some wheels for it...something like 17x7+30ish, LED tails, etc.

welcome,

i know they didn't get the k12 convertible over there so i doubt there will be many customers, as for here the k12 is a bit thin on the ground too, most people are here for problems they dont want to modify it.

but as for getting hard to get Japanese stuff, you will have loads of customers!

for example i am after the Drivers side door rubber for a nissan march Cabriolet k11, because mine leaks at the top of the door and its stopping the window from closing properly

enjoy your stay

welcome,

i know they didn't get the k12 convertible over there so i doubt there will be many customers, as for here the k12 is a bit thin on the ground too, most people are here for problems they dont want to modify it.
They did actually, I think it's the only UK spec Micra to be imported to Japan!

http://www2.nissan.co.jp/MICRA/K12/0706/index.html

The only other time I can think of Nissan doing it this way round is when they imported the Primera GT Hatchback because they only made the Saloon in Japan, it was badged "Primera UK" (I imported one for mine!)

welcome to the wonderful world that is micra enjoy your stay

james they also done it with the quashqai but because of all of the problems they had when it got over there they took it off us to build over there and they got exactly the same problems

Looks fantastic in black, just a shame Top Gear ruined it for everyone.

Hehe Engrish.

welcome to the wonderful world that is micra enjoy your stay

james they also done it with the quashqai but because of all of the problems they had when it got over there they took it off us to build over there and they got exactly the same problems
Ahh well there you go! I like the way they had the same problems!! Hehe

Welcome to the Club, the main micras on here are the K11 variety (Facelifts and Pre-Facelifts). Looking forward to what you'll be able to offer though.

They did actually, I think it's the only UK spec Micra to be imported to Japan!

http://www2.nissan.co.jp/MICRA/K12/0706/index.html

The only other time I can think of Nissan doing it this way round is when they imported the Primera GT Hatchback because they only made the Saloon in Japan, it was badged "Primera UK" (I imported one for mine!)

as far as i know (from what i have been told by the guys in japan,) they either only had like 50 imported or somthing, they were never made there i know that, so there is no jap spec k12CC, but nissan may have taken some from sunderland but i know how ever they got them over there it wasn't many and they are very rare.

Nissan imported a limited number (I'll post the number when I get the stats) from the UK. The convertible motor and some other parts of it are made in the UK, which is why they reimport them here. (the engine has a little more displacement as well hehe)There's a decent number of them here in Japan though. The last meet I went to was almost all convertibles...and they all had aftermarket wheels, mirrors, etc etc.

but as for getting hard to get Japanese stuff, you will have loads of customers!

for example i am after the Drivers side door rubber for a nissan march Cabriolet k11, because mine leaks at the top of the door and its stopping the window from closing properly

The dealer we work with might be able to get me a price on that today or so. I'll ask =) Is it the rubber that goes along the top of the door where the window goes in or around the door? Our old company car was a K11 Cabriolet so I actually have the discontinued parts guide for it:

gomu.jpg

One question for you guys...have you ever seen the March HyperREV Catalog?

51E1VK38ZJL._SS500_.jpg

It's hands down, the best source for knowing what parts (wheels, aero, engine, suspension, etc) are available for the car in Japan. The one in the pic above has info on everything up to the K12 in it. (K12 an older) The first issue that only goes up to the K11 chassis is this one:

51EQHRV0YJL._SS500_.jpg

The problem for anyone not Japanese is #1) it's all in Japanese and #2) even if you find something you want buy, most people have no way to order the stuff #3) if you find an importer that can order for you, they crank up the price so high, alot of people can't afford it.

Soooo....

I've been dealing with JDM parts for over 10 years now and after purchasing an entire set of the above catalogs, I started working on a website to put up (at the very least) all the exterior styling parts for the more popular Japanese cars and their Japanese yen prices and serve as sort of an agent for ordering everything. I think I'll start with the K11 and K12 so as soon as I get that up and running, I'll post a link to it =)

i have the first nissan march hyper rev mag and it annoys me everytime i read (well try) that i cant buy any of the stuff on it haha, oh by the way would it be possible for you to buy things off yahoo japan for us? they dont like shipping things internationally grr

haha, it would be if I had the site up an running (Y)

Only playing dude(Y) Any rare EK10 stuff?

i have the first nissan march hyper rev mag and it annoys me everytime i read (well try) that i cant buy any of the stuff on it haha, oh by the way would it be possible for you to buy things off yahoo japan for us? they dont like shipping things internationally grr

Throw me a pm I have a good contact,charges very little commision

Sure can, just hit me up at [email protected]

Usually we take payment by credit card which makes things fast and easy. With our current setup, there is actually no limit on size either.

Only playing dude(Y) Any rare EK10 stuff?

Right on, my reason for being here is more than just business though, I'm here to help and make friends. I'm more familiar with the K12 stuff at this point but I'm sure there are tons of EK10 stuff here that you guys would like to get your hands on. While I'm working on that website I spoke about, feel free to ask me to find anything for you and I'll see what I can do.

Nissan imported a limited number (I'll post the number when I get the stats) from the UK. The convertible motor and some other parts of it are made in the UK, which is why they reimport them here. (the engine has a little more displacement as well hehe)There's a decent number of them here in Japan though. The last meet I went to was almost all convertibles...and they all had aftermarket wheels, mirrors, etc etc.

The dealer we work with might be able to get me a price on that today or so. I'll ask =) Is it the rubber that goes along the top of the door where the window goes in or around the door? Our old company car was a K11 Cabriolet so I actually have the discontinued parts guide for it:

oh wow so you actually had the k11 Cabriolet! awesome, you have me all inspired now lol,

basically, the drivers door window does not go up very well, and its to do with the rubber that it slides in (not against like the rubber on the roll over bar) that bit of rubber runs up those strange little quarter windows at the front of the door, then over the top and continue round the whole door until they get to the back of the door. so its the rubber that goes round the door.

at the top where it goes round the quarter window it has completly warn away, and the previous owner has replaced it with a bit of rubber from a different car as in just a strip that runs the hight of the quarter window, and its too narrow so it slows the window down..

but there are other things i would love to get my hands on, i am not sure if i should hijack the thread tho lol but...

can you get any trim from the black march special?
i could do with a new floor carpet too but that is a bit of a mission to get from japan
also i was wondering if you could get the heated rear window just on its own...
and maybe the speedometer dial in blue, mine was replaced with a black uk one,
ooh and the covers for the seats, mine are full of cigarette burns..

ok i will stop now, i know there is more i want but i will stop, i might drop you an email if you think you can get any of that.

thanks mate, and if you have any problems with the k12, we are here to help ;)

I'm pretty sure I can get all that goodness. It might take a week or so though, Golden week in Japan is starting and all the companies close their doors for an extened vacation during this time.

I'll try and dig up some of the K11 pics =)

hi and welcome to the club nice to have someone from japan as a member especially one with an intrest in the k12 from what i can tell you will be ok taking indicator grilles front bumper side skirts ? maybe think the wheelbase is the same between the two cars rear bumper you maybe able to use and just fill in the number plate light section anything else you need to know i have the full uk workshop manual for both the micra and the cc so can look up for you easily just give me a shout
would be intrested in how the wheels look as i should be going for the same size soon on my k12 hatchback

Welcome to the MSC!
Good to have a Tokyo member on here for sure - NeX and I have so much trouble getting stuff for the Cabriolets!
I hope you enjoy your stay! :)

tell me about it lol...mine is just laying about on the living room table...i must look it it near every night :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back