Project Tic Tac

CMF_littlebear

» CMF Member
Yeah I know a former member had a Micra called Tic Tac but I did end up buying the wreck last year and some of Tic Tac's parts are in my car so I am going to make claim on the name!

Finally got off my ass and put the suspension goodies and wheels on this weekend. Even gave her a polish. Shiny :)

Mods so far:

Interior- Momo steering wheel, Autotechnicrap racing seats (actually they are pretty reasonable), Alpine headunit with iPhone intergration, Focal underseat sub, amps and Focal Front splits and rears, Series 2 LX door trims and series 2 'dark' plastic interior plastics

Exterior:
Non-Std tail lights
Advanti 15x6.5 Wheels
Custom Numberplates

Performance:
TEIN adjustable coilovers
Whiteline xtra heavy duty 22mm sway bars front and rear, Whiteline Panhard. Whiteline strut brace
K&N air filter

Ready to go on - Powersteering, N15 calipers and slotted disks, clear side indicators, crystal headlignts, quickshifter.

Future plan Dark tint,: Forged engine from White Knight and top mounted T25 Turbo (retain AC and PS a must), Ultralight FW, Alli Radiator, Autronic SMC, exhaust etc, etc.

Attachments

• 49166.jpg
    49166.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 29

CMF_Pyro

» CMF Member
This is perfect, great looking march. May I ask where you got the TEIN coilovers from? I thought they stopped producing them a while ago.

CMF_littlebear

» CMF Member
Pyro WROTE:

"This is perfect, great looking march. May I ask where you got the TEIN coilovers from? I thought they stopped producing them a while ago.

I bought the TEINs from GTRholic early last year and I have taken this long to put them on. The handling of the car is superb now without compromising too much comfort. Probably needs stickier tyres now.

LonePhantom WROTE:

"Great looking Micra, not over the top. Just nice and clean, good choice of rim size, etc. :)

The idea is to be nicely understated, I aren't even going to colour code handles or mod the grille. The only visible thing now will be black tint. Doing a Bad Boy bonnet is a possibility. I have a set of 16" ANZ Rio's but may sell them and stay with the 15s. The tyres only just scrub going into a hard fast corner. Not sure if I'll roll the guards or not.

CMF_littlebear

» CMF Member
Tyres are 195/50/15 but they really should be 195/45/15 to be most correct rolling diameter.

The front coil overs can drop much lower around 60-80mm more I guess. The rears could go down the height of a locking nut so I reckon only about 10mm more at the most. Depending on the angle you look at the car you could argue that the front is a tad low. Some 10mm wheel spacers at the rear would pump 'em out noicely too I reckon.

CMF_micratech

» CMF Member
Please don`t badboy this beauty. Looks smooth as is.. ;)

Maybe just clear side repeaters to go with all your other clear lights. You realy should switch to 195/45/15 tyres of decent rubber and adjust the front height just a little, then your rubbing issue should go away without haveing to alter the arches. Looks better too.. :)

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
micratech WROTE:

"Please don`t badboy this beauty. Looks smooth as is.. ;)

Agreed - personally I don't think it would suit the car, but it's up to you :)

Nice score with the floor mats. I scored some K12 mats a while back and while they are a little bit bigger, they're still quite a reasonable fit :) I've got originals in my other one and they're a little worn on the rubber bit.. ah well!

---dens

Back