• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

PROject PROfect

Not good!!!
Cream under oil cap running, very hot when stationary and drinking oil :rolleyes:
Head gasket failure perhaps :eek:

Not good!!!
Cream under oil cap running, very hot when stationary and drinking oil :rolleyes:
Head gasket failure perhaps :eek:
Rocker cover off any further signs?
Dipstick check?
Rad fan failiure?
Many possibilities before head gasket :)
Though if further checks point to head gasket then catch it sooner rather than later

Rocker cover off any further signs?
Dipstick check?
Rad fan failiure?
Many possibilities before head gasket :)
Though if further checks point to head gasket then catch it sooner rather than later
Ill check rocker cover tomo.
Whats the dipstick check? Never heard of that one...
Rad fan seems to be on all the time lately.
Ill check thermostat tomo as well just incase.

Ill check rocker cover tomo.
Whats the dipstick check? Never heard of that one...
Rad fan seems to be on all the time lately.
Ill check thermostat tomo as well just incase.

What has the temp needle been saying?
Losing any coolant?

"Drinking oil", slight blue smoke out the back?

What has the temp needle been saying?
Losing any coolant?

"Drinking oil", slight blue smoke out the back?
Stays normal on the A roads doing 50/60mph...
When stood still it climbs well into the red
No not losing coolant at all it just looks creamy on inside of expansion tank cap.
Thats the wierd bit no blue smoke at all...

Water isnt getting to your oil... oil is getting to your water... wipe it clean and try again tomorrow?

Its a cooling issue by the sounds of it mate. Not head gasket

Stays normal on the A roads doing 50/60mph...
When stood still it climbs well into the red
No not losing coolant at all it just looks creamy on inside of expansion tank cap.
Thats the wierd bit no blue smoke at all...
Shouldn't budge past half way. And it should never be in the red.

Check the thermostat isn't seized.

Water isnt getting to your oil... oil is getting to your water... wipe it clean and try again tomorrow?

Its a cooling issue by the sounds of it mate. Not head gasket
Yup... and yup...
Ill have a look tomo and go through everything bit by bit.

Checked the thermostat its fine working well and opened straight away.
Oddly temp stayed in the middle of gauge today and fan kicked in at the right time...
Did the dipstick test no cream on it or under cap just under coolant cap...
So thought meh and will keep an eye on it for now.
Modified my fuel filler cap ;)
1377109912354.jpg

1377109924831.jpg

Representing :p

What spec were you looking at getting the Grid V's in? I might possibly be selling mine as i'd need wider/lower offset ones for my next car

What spec were you looking at getting the Grid V's in? I might possibly be selling mine as i'd need wider/lower offset ones for my next car
After seeing every man and his dog owning them mate ive slightly gone off them sorry.

Just had a read through of this and it look like you've put in some work mate, well done, was looking good at JAE, hope you get HG sorted soon.

Just had a read through of this and it look like you've put in some work mate, well done, was looking good at JAE, hope you get HG sorted soon.
Thanks mate big changes since you last commented on the blog thought you had dissapeared...
Shouldnt take long.
Ill do it properly tho and not be using rad weld :rolleyes:
Work will begin tomo after drying our tent and clearing the car ready for work to begin.

Ok so started her up today no white smoke out the back and lots of coolant in the rad :confused:
Looked at the oil on dip stick and oil cap and its lovely and yellow with no viscosity at all thinking this could be caused by the head coming off and mixing.
Because before we changed it it was ok...
going to drain it and have a look at the damage...
Ill drain the coolant and rinse through the whole system again... ill run reversal to flow to remove as much of the possible remaining rad weld, if nothings comes out and it runs clear ill strip the whole lots out while the engine goes for skimming... then rebuild time with possible boost... ;)

It should save you from getting completely soaked :)
What do you think of reversing the flow of coolant while the engine is not running to loosen debris?
Silly question if I stick the heater on with out engine running will that allow the flow through the heater matrix too :oops:
I heard that when the heater system is off it bypasses the matrix just want to get as much out as possible...

Back