• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Progress Report on Chris Batch's 2.0 SR20DE conversion

gartracs2 said:
For your information if any of you are not aware of this fact the SR20 DE ECM multiplug terminal layout is identical to the GTIR except for the extra MAP sensor pin and boost sol valve pins

really? where is the map sensor located on the sr?

Right, finally on the move again! :)

Just ordered my Davies Craig electronic Water pump £116 delivered (from Australia, which ain't bad!)

Once this is here and plugged in the cooling system will be sorted and then full aftermarket ECU splicing and mapping can commence! hooray!

Alright mate, moving slowly at the moment. As above just waiting for the water pump to come through and then the wiring can get done, then..............fingers crossed it should be up and running!!

Just out of interest fella, could you pm me and let me know how much it cost to get your car stripped down and restored? Not being nosey, i know it's cheeky but i think that's the avenue i'm going to go down when i get mine back..the bodywork is looking a bit tired.

We're moving again that's all i'll say at this time, don't want to jinx the progress! lol

The blledin post office held my water pump for 3 weeks without even informing me, and then sent it back to OZ the dozy pilchards, so i've had to order a new one and now i'm waiting on that!! good old England

Batch said:
We're moving again that's all i'll say at this time, don't want to jinx the progress! lol

The blledin post office held my water pump for 3 weeks without even informing me, and then sent it back to OZ the dozy pilchards, so i've had to order a new one and now i'm waiting on that!! good old England

They tried doing this to me to, only didn't get sent back to Jp as they were so incoimpetent that they lost the parcel in the UK!

I wish!!

Think next show season is more likely....even then i wouldn't promise anything! lol slowly but surely on it's way again, hopeful that it should be next month ish.rest assured you'll all know when it's done! :D

It's idling well at the moment but there's still some stuff to get sorted, might get disks at the back done too before it comes out but it will still be a few months before it's road worthy. I kind of jumped the gun with the alive comment, more like it's awoken but it's still in bed lol.

Just got excited after all the wiring problems, it's finally sparking and ticking over yay.

Should be good Chris. Your old SR20DE is now sitting in my garage. The Pulsar one should be great!

whats been the big problem with this.. why has it taken so long to get sorted?...
I know youve now gone for a sr20det block.. Did you get the SR20DE running?..

why did you abandon that for the det?

couldn't get round the NATS. We didn't have all of the bits and pieces we needed to run the entire loom, and without it the NATS just kept getting in the way and it wouldn't spark.

So rather than spending loads of cash on bringing somone in to build me an entire new loom i just scrapped it and went with what i had always wanted to do, turbo. The DE block was always just going to be a trial to see if the shell could take it but i just thought what the hell, i'll get the sills strengthened and the engine bay seam welded when it comes out, plus with the coilovers and maybe 5 link anti-sway bar setup at the back (we're looking in to this atm) it should take the extra kick.

Excited muchly :)

good stuff mate, sounds like its coming along nicely (Y)

maybe if it comes out well, you could put another in the back :upside:

Hi matey,good to see you have a turbo lump, nice, but i did have the NATS fob and everything, i did email you but you never got back to me, suppose its irelevant now.Shows the NATS system works i suppose LOL

Good luck with it all........

yeah it wasn't that mate, the NATS fob had nothing to go in to, the rest of the shell had been sold early on so we didn't have the ignition barrel etc etc so it still wouldn't have worked! In a word yes NATS is ######ing brilliant, and crap at the same time! lol

Piccies can be found below:

DSCF0185.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y107/Batch21/DSCF0187.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y107/Batch21/DSCF0186.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y107/Batch21/DSCF0184.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y107/Batch21/DSCF0183.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y107/Batch21/DSCF0188.jpg

Thanks for the comments James, although i can't take the glory myself, the guy at my workshop is the man wielding the shoe horn :D

Anyone got the link for that kph to mph convertor? (could be 180mph yeah, although don't think the aerodynamics of the kitted out micra would even let me touch 150! :) )

It's electronic though not cable, does that make a difference?

LOL, not yet, it's still not finished,

That made me giggle :D. You think i'd spend as much money as i have on this and not bother with an intercooler :) , wouldn't last 2 minutes lol.

There's still stuff to do, rad, cooler, discs at the back (maybe), lots of tidying up work but it's ticking over which is a start.

Yeah looks good, like that you haven't had to go back in to the slam panel too. Must be a pretty tight fit!

Batch, I did the engine swap in the primera this weekend. Its all done now and working fine :)

Excellent, did the engine take a while to lube up at all, i know it'd been sitting for a while?

Then again i know those engines are pretty much indestructible!

Shame it never really got working in mine, would've liked to see how fast the stock DE block would have been.

NISMO_ALMERA said:
Huh, SR20's in Micras are so common!!!

LOL!

Just kidding, looks good bud, and glad you finally got everything sorted out!

lol, i think you still have the edge mate, slight understatement lol

Good progress batch

afraid not, i was a little too excited to get my camc out!!

plus it's not quite finished yet anyway, still got to iron out some small problems. Think it would detract from the overall finished product if i posted up any vids of it in it's current form.....but jesus when it hits boost.....my stomach touches the back of the chair!! :p

very nice! I trust you were driving it with a rad on though????

lol

There was water in it but not a cooling system per-se. We barely moved it really. The turbo we're using is the knackered one so if that goes there's no probs, however i was slightly concerned that the engine might cook itself, as i'm sure you a thinking :)

truley incrediable and about time this got done i mean a 2.0 NA would be fast enough but a turbo! lol man your going to be upsetting lots of big cars and for that i salute you :p nice work chap!

Id stick on the widest tires possible on the widest rims you can find in order to get the power down..

thats going to be your greatest problem.. as mine lol

To be honest when i drove it it put a hell of a lot of power to the floor, even on the 195s. I was surprised it moved as well as it did really, even when the wheels do spin it still really pulls you forward, it is going to be exceptionally quick. The main problem is drive shafts (as per Raceworx encountered, we've broke 1 already), with the nearside being so short it tends to shear at the weakest point (weld!) and so i'm going to have to approach some companies to get some made up from scratch i think.

I desperately want to get this on the road now, it's been a hell of a long journey! :)

Back