Progress Report on Dan's K10

Good luck with it all Dan! cant wait to see it now... Whats your deadline, Easter? JAE?

For sure, not best pleased about not getting it back for Christmas but still, I'm used to waiting now!!! :( Been resprayed 3 times now haha, just a bit of black to do now, heater matrix needs sorting but wiring loom has been replaced and is ready to go. Even when I do get it back whenever that is I still need to do interior and fit the new alarm!!! Thats why I wanted it back before Christmas ideally, so I could get it sorted out while I was off and before I go back to uni...

Hoping for September 17th next year though. :D

Refusing to spend anymore on getting it finished now and I have alot of gear waiting to go back in, and this is the last of the work that will be happening to it (hopefully - as long as mechanics are all ok for a long while) apart from maybe an engine next year and I'm saving up for thing which will be beneficial later in life, like a house. :)

Well Wayne rang last night and only a couple of layers of laquer that need doing on the bonnet, then just really buffing and polishing, but still not getting any hopes up lol. Will just wait and see and let you all know. :s Meanwhile I have no transport and have to find something to do lol, may aswell work on door cards. :)

lol goodness sake! i hope your not paying him anymore, he's certainly not going to get more work if he take this long with everything :p

Nope, aint paid him a penny in a long while, apart from the money for the other car which is worth it for the bits that I will take off it anyway. Ideally wanted it back at the start of the Christmas hols so I could sort interior over Christmas but that aint happened lol.

To think the deadline was moved to JAE 2005 as it was overrunning, its quite shocking its still not finished! I take it once the body is done, its then got its MOT to go through? Just hope that doesnt give you any problems!

Yeah MOT is due this month. Tested lights though and they line up fine. Fed up of waiting now but not much I can do apart from let him get on with it. He has apologised though, although even when I get it back it still won't be driveable, as gotta fit alarm etc. :(

craigd said:
Edit:- My cars just been put on there too. Booger :O

http://www.barryboys.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=18375&highlight=

Dude, I LOVE that exhaust :p Must sound amazing !

I have a sebring om my k10, looks way to big too, but sounds great ;)

@ micra man :
what type of front bumper is that ? I'm loving the look mate
and what rims are those, and what's the size of the tyres ?

I've seen pics of kev's car on here before, it was nice, but imho this
one is nicer in a way of being more extreme. A super s
kit is better that stock, sure, but this is real nice work mate, keep it up !

btw, ever considered a roofscoop ? I think it would look cool :p

Well the day has finally arrived!!! I GET MY CAR BACK TODAY!!! :D All been well I should have it back today although it has its MOT at 1 so praying that it passes ok. :) If it does then its all about done. Still a few niggly bits which will need sorting in time, but they will be sorted at a later date, as they are barely noticeable and, I am gunna just enjoy driving it for a few months. :D Should be at the Jap meet this afternoon in it so will get some pics. :)

Wish me luck for the MOT hehe... :)

Sorry Neill, just noticed your post. This was actually Kev's old car lol. :p I just took it one stage further hehe. Wheels are fox 2's sprayed metallic black, so one of a kind. They are 15's with 195/45/15 tyres, and the front bumper is a custom nova GTB, that has been modified to fit and extended. Glad you like it, and thanks for the comments. :)

Got a few pics from the meet on my camera, but left it in my gf's glove box lol. Up at uni for 3 days now, so left the car back at Wayne's to get the alarm fitted and a few bits tidied up, its looking pretty good though. :) Will get pics up shortly. A hell of alot still to do though to get it show ready, and an assignment to be in this week!!! Luckily though I'm off next weekend so will get alot done then hopefully. :D

Yeah I have some on my camera but I've been up at uni all week, so haven't been able to upload them. Will try and sort it out tonight when I'm home and hopefully less busy. :)

Ok, well as long as I am able to get it roadworthy again tomorrow then the car is off to the bodyshop for approx 2 weeks. :eek: Then I will get it back and that will leave me about a week and a bit to get everything sorted with it, and get the interior back in, and hopefully fingers well and super truly crossed it should be totally complete and running spot on for Donny. Gunna be very tight, but still really hoping it will be there, finished and looking the best it ever has both inside and out. :D

lol, finally it has gone but thankfully it will be back better than it was. Cant wait to see the finished product, I'l bring the digitalcamara and get a good vid clip down the A1 lol :D

glad to see it go to a bodyshop - u cant beat the proffessionals for quality of work, that interior of yours would be givign me nightmares, i drove around for a day with the door cards off on my k11 n was devestated

Interior aint really a problem as all of the bits are all pretty much there to go back in. :) Can't agree more though, at least it will be done properly this time. :D

This has Probs been asked B4 but i clnt find it

WHERE THE HELL DID U GET THEM LIGHTS? did u rip them out of a bravo? Please tell me it looks lyk alot of work but i wld love to put them lights on my car :D

Back