SR20DE conversion

Guys i really am tempted to do the conversion.....I know the basics that are envolved and my friend who has the workshop said he can do the work no problem as he has done 3 conversions himself,lol....RB25DET Into a 180sx....K series into a minivan....and so on.

He wanted me to ask about the SR ecu and loom and how much they normaly go for and how hard they are to marry upto the micra?

Also he wanted to know if anyone has run Mega-squirt on them before as he uses it all the time to run Bike throttle bodies on his MX5.....And he wants me to run mega-squirt on my sr20de as it is fully programable it would save lot of hassle

I do remember a while back someone made custom mounts for this converison and was selling them?

I searched "SR20DE" and couldnt come up with any relevant threads.

Can people point me in the right direction so i may read up on previous work please.

Jas

Firstly I'm sure your mate is capable but dropping a sr into a Micra is nowhere as easy as it sounds
I have done 4 rb engine swaps in s13, and s14 I have it down to under 5 hours including loom wiring! I've also done a v8 and 1jz swap into an sx and I'm currently building a 13b rew swap
Sr engines require custom mounts driveshafts hubs brakes suspension ecu looms exhaust if it were as easy as it sounds it would be more common as sr engines can be bought for very little £100 from a scrap yard near me when I put one in an almera a while back
I'm not trying to dishearten you not at all infact I'd love a nice build project to read through
But you need to have your eyes open before doing it
Good luck if you go ahead an post plenty of pics, that way we might not have as many of these threads if there's one definitive one

Yeah dude dont worry im not a 17 year old thats just dreaming,lol Im 24 and have sevreal engines built for me in the past for various cars.....I had a mk1 golf gti and we fitted the mk2 engine in her and added R1 throttle bodies.

I just need a link to a decent build thread so we can sit and read through it and take note of what problems people came across and the setup e.c.t...............I have people lined up already to do my custom shafts and engine mounts.

Ive searched for buold threads and cannot find dave bulls or the guy from holland as his website is not running.

have you try'd searching through google? Tends to turn out more results then the Micra search function. Good luck with it, your doing the right thing in trying to find out as much info as possible. (Y)

Back