pressure 195/50/15

danimicra8

BabyBlueK11
Anyone know the best tyre pressure on 50's Iv looked at the other topics but they are for 45's. My tyres are singing a bit like a wind noise Im wondering if they are too firm.

32 all round? Im not sure really at the moment they are just from when the alloys were fitted a few weeks ago I had a fella at a garage take some out of the back ones and they were 39 and 36. Thanks Arnold.

It should tell you on the Drivers Door section near the locking hook thing. I have mine at Front 32psi Back 28psi.

Bigger tyre sizes demand a higher pressure due to the increased volume of air inside the tyre compressing more than the air in a smaller tyre causing deformation of the tyre under load.

But with a larger tyre, there will be more air for the same pressure. It's not a measure of volume.

So with a smaller tyre, the pressure will be more for the same volume of air.

But with a larger tyre, there will be more air for the same pressure. It's not a measure of volume.

I used to stick 30psi all round on mine. Dunno what I put in my 17s. Probably went with something like 30 up front and 32 on the rear knowing me.

Why have different pressures for front/rear?
Is it the weight of the engine over the front means more pressure is needed in the front tyres?

Bigger tyre sizes demand a higher pressure due to the increased volume of air inside the tyre compressing more than the air in a smaller tyre causing deformation of the tyre under load.

Yeah i assumed something along those lines.

this is true, but the characteristic of the tyres are different. the lower the profile in relation to width, the wall of the tyre will be stiffer, so the tyres will wear more on the outer edge, you have to increase the pressure on a low profile tyre to equal the pressure across the tyre 'footprint' so to speak.
i just add 10psi to the recommended pressures,
so 43 psi front and 39 psi rear.
the tread seems to be wearing evenly with that. on my old corolla i had 205/40x17 tyres and i had to learn the hard way to inflte the tyres correctly (about £250 it cost to replace them).

swiper

i agree, i run 40 front 38 rear and get perfect wear spread (165/55/13) tho it makes the ride a little harsh

Back