195/50/15 tyres and rear antiroll bar / panhard rod and dead pedal

Hi guys,

I'm currently running 195/45/15s on my super s - it's been dropped on a 35mm spax kit, and they're fine with no scrubbing at all - but it's time for new tyres, and I was wondering if anyone else out there is running 195/50/15s on a similar drop?

If so - any issues?

Secondly, I live in Hull - and barring Scotland I think we've pretty much been hit the worst weather wise. I seem to have bent the panhard rod / rear antiroll bar?
I got a price from nissan of £217 ex vat!!! - does anyone know of a dirt cheap option? I can't seem to find any on ebay :-(

Lastly, I acquired a dead pedal, but I have no idea if I can retro fit it to my car - im gonna pull up some of the carpet and sound deadening to see if there's any holes pre-drilled, but failing that would it be safe to use some self tappers on that section of the car? or do I risk cutting into something vital?

Lastly, I acquired a dead pedal, but I have no idea if I can retro fit it to my car - im gonna pull up some of the carpet and sound deadening to see if there's any holes pre-drilled, but failing that would it be safe to use some self tappers on that section of the car? or do I risk cutting into something vital?

the brake and petrol pipes are under the passenger side, so drill away :grinning:

Check here under "Parts list" (.PDF)
http://www.humphriesoxford.co.uk/motorsport

I'm sure the panhard rod here was cheaper...

(Y)
Any advance on these? - much cheaper than the Nissan ones (gotta check unipart and andrew page yet, but I suspect they'll be in the same league as nissan).

the brake and petrol pipes are under the passenger side, so drill away :grinning:

Awesome!
Can't wait to have a comfy foot rest for motorway driving :grinning:

Turned out it was just my panhard rod that had bent, and after a little fiddling on the 4 post at work it's all sorted - also managed to locate and fix a squeek from the heat shield that's been driving me crazy - so that's fixed as well now :)

WIN! :-D

Still undecided about the tyres thing - I can get 4 Maxxis tyres for £150 in a 195/50/15 - or maybe thinking of new wheels and tyres for £283 delivered.....

As for the dead pedal - gonna get that fitted asap :-D

how did you bend the panard rod? tyre fitment is all in relation to the offset of the wheels, im tempted to say if you know 45's fit then refit 45's, or go to will they fit and check out the fitment there.

i have a dead pedal and never use it, find it more comfy for me to pull my left foot away from the pedals.

how did you bend the panard rod?
lol.... erm, some cocking around in the snow the other week, resulted in my taking on of a very lairy 30mph powerslide round a 90 degree corner - totally lost it and binned it up a kurb and into a bush.... :p

funny enough none of you mentioned how wide the wheels are. thats quite a big issue. its absolutely irelevant what size you got unless you know the width

6.5j on mine...

Quick update:
Still not got the dead pedal in - however I have resolved the tyres issue.
Opted to buy a set of new wheels - so I've gone for a subtle set of 6x14 kn minators draped in 185/55/14 kumho tyres.

In addition I've got my second cat removed using the midpipe section from a 2001 coilpack 1.3 micra - £30 from unipart! win!
Sounds immense, revs much much more freely, and pulls a little harder in each gear too - particularly in 5th :)

Need a new passenger front wing (in aj4 red if anyone happens to have one :wasntme:), and to fix my front fogs wiring :p
Next steps will be to fit my arch kit (the small size nissan aftermarket ones), and then I think it'll be time for a proper suspension kit on coilies :)

If you are still after a panard rod and can wait a little while i will be making some on car adjustable ones soon, will be cheaper than the whiteline ones and on car adjustable rather than having to take it off when you want to adjust it.
if you are interested then send me a PM mate.

If you are still after a panard rod and can wait a little while i will be making some on car adjustable ones soon, will be cheaper than the whiteline ones and on car adjustable rather than having to take it off when you want to adjust it.
if you are interested then send me a PM mate.

Gonna have to see how the bodged one holds up for now - but will definitely bear that in mind for when the time comes :)

Now the real question is, do I buy a set of 60mm springs - or do I get a coil or two taken out of my spax kit...

neither, go for corsa coil overs :D that way the height (at least the front) is adjustable. the ride comfort leaves a bit to be desired but the handling is pretty bloody good and they are cheap at £150 a set.

your best bet for tires are Toyo T1-R Proxes. I can get hold of them near me for £32 a corner at 195/50/15. I used them for about 8 months did 9000 miles in a ford fiesta and they were the best tires i ever put on a car. theres so much grip i increased all my corner speeds (entry and exit) by at least 5mph, and more on fast corners. the only downside i can think of is when theyre brand new theyre a bit vague on corner entry but its a small thing really. I improved my time on a stretch of local road that is 1 mile long from 55 to 48 seconds. first time was set on 175/65/14s continental tires. not budget but not break the bank. second time done on 195/50/15 toyo T1-R proxes IN THE WET.

yep the t1r is amazing. on dry trackdays once heated up after a lap its like marshmallow soft and is phenomenal. wear rate is really good for the level of grip it provides.

Back