tyre pressure?

Simonh

Midlands Rep
for 15 inch alloys with 195/45/15 tyres what tyre pressure should i have...mine are too low but i dont know what to put them to

it's pressure not volume, a larger tyre will hold more air for the same pressure as a tyre with a smaller volume.

Keep your tyre pressures as specified by the manufacturer unless you have good reason to change them.

The correct tyre pressure supports the weight of the car properly, naturally a larger tyre will take more air to achieve the same pressure, it's logical when you think about it :)

Why would you want the same pressure in the rear than the front, when the rear has considerably less weight unless you regularly carry people in the back.

I've never ran my tyres to what it says on the door. 27psi i think it says, and all the garages etc used to charge them up to 32, front and rear.

I run the correct pressures as according to my tyre placard - the ones for "110mph+" which is 35psi front, 33psi rear ;)

Check your tyre wear after a few miles and see how even the wear is,

yup!....I asked the tyre fitting center and I even rang up teh tyre manufactureres technical department when I first was upgrading.....neither of them knew any rule or formula...both said the same as Alienfish360)

for me stock tractor tytres wear perfect at 27, but when I went to brand new 195/45/14 (fronts) and 175/50/13 (rears) ....27 psi on these scuffed teh rubber rods offf the shoulders only....big rod-bumps still left in teh center for ages....

In the end I needed 31(ish) in the fronts and 30 in the rears for even wear (800Kg's worth of K10 and driver)....and the handling was miles better too

Back