• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Porks bike carbs and boost project

Manifold vacuum vacuum is dependant on how much restriction the throttle body is giving. If the engine is demanding more air than the tb is allowing to pass a vacuum is created. The difference between demand and supply is proportional to the vacuum. The more vacuum the more the bypass should open, or at least that is my understanding of it.

3a3eruta.jpg

Sorry, this is how it actually is.....promise lol

That's a good question and somthing il look into in the daylight

It's between 3 pulleys, clutch charger and belt tensioner

Bit tight down there!

I think your onto a winner though, never really considered the amount off contact needed

Baby and mrs asleep, so had an hour spare to myself and went about removing the supercharger assembly
7adabu9a.jpg

If you can imagine it, the original belt line wasfollowing the diagonal line off black/primer paint, jus left of the supercharger pulley
uqerequ3.jpg

I can fit an idler pulley here, and move the tensioner pulley, without to much hassle
......will this be enough belt contact? If not in ginna have to redesign rhe whole thing :(

a9eganug.jpg

Got bearings for new puller from old alternator
ahataru6.jpg

Cut out middle to take bearings, pressed in
ygyquvy2.jpg

All tensioned up.....loads more belt contact to supercharger pulley now

zava7a7u.jpg

zypyje3a.jpg

Il buzz him a msg, he always gives a in depth explanation

I only ask coz it runs really rich when boost comes on, (AFR reading of 9)

Well it didn't work :(

Here's a vid of it slightly holding the throttle, then jamming pedal to the floor
Opinions?

The faster a belt goes, the more centrifugal forces stretch it out and lose you grip. I'd now look carefully into the vw setup. Check what type of tensioner they use, how much belt contact is on each pulley, how tight it needs to be... Remember you're running more load than on the sc than vw ran, so you might even need a wider belt/larger pulley

Well, at least you've learnt a few things:
Degrees belt contact
Spring tensioner
Belt speed

You also need to look at whether you need to tension the tight or slack side of the belt (load or non-load) for best grip.

Have you tried belt dressing spray yet?

i would just run the s/c like nos personally neil, so that it was coasting/off clutch most of the time, then hit the button whenever you wanted instant boost
i dont think i could stand that racket all the time :)

Il try the spray stuff, anything worth a go

Really don't have the time to redisgn it to experiment, wanna get out thus year and come to shows and meet a few of you lot lol

The whine I like, the squeal is horrendous

I can't see why it won't work, the belt is tight as a drum,

Back