• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Porks bike carbs and boost project

That pipe connects before the intake from the SC and after the takeout from the SC and regulating the exhaust gate from the turbo to open later.( on the point that SC doesn't make more pressure.
If you mean the wastegate, the sc won't affect the turbo wastegate as the sc gives constant boost and it should be lower than wastegate pressure.

Havnt had much going on with the car, what with my baby girl arriving :)
So progress is ginna slow a bit for now ;)
Good job I got most of major work done.
it's only running on 2 cylinders now, 2 injectors stopped working, think it's problem in the loom, as when you move them around, they work again.
Still waiting on some new ecu plugs, the originals are a bit....well...broke, my fault, being so heavy handed with small plastic bits.
They are coming from Germany so taking it's time.

Found a cheap simple throttle body from a mondeo, so when that arrives too , il maje adaptor plate to fit it pre charger...see if that stops the squealing. .....ginna be 'interesting' rigging up 2 throttle cables.

Still havnt found anywhere local to map it, was a chap in Northampton I was doing a job for, but didn't really like him so not gunna give him my money

I'm in luton if anyone knows off anyone, there a place round the corner that mappes bmw's, but he doesn't wanna do my car lol.

So I'm just sticking to poodling about with it.

So come back to the workshop today to see a nice box from Germany..... Picked it up and thought, hmmm that's a bit heavy fir a couple of plugs.
Opened it up and find a brand new ecu complete with 8 foot wiring loom!!

There was a piece of paper inside addressed to another neil, but had my name and address on the box, so the other neil must have my plugs.......idiots

I had thought about keeping the lot, but I'm not an *******, and bet the other bloke would be proper pissed off to only get 2 plugs

So I phoned him, he's gunna check later to see if my plugs are at home

Let's hope I'm on the good side of car karma for this :)

Here's the blokes car who's ecu I've got lol

u9aha3ag.jpg

e7egahys.jpg

Put a barbecue near to the exit of the exhaust and we become the kings of the barbecue with flames and everything. LOL:p.
congrats for your little girl. I'm only uncle of a couple from my brother (girl first, boy next).

Got throttle body, so made up a adaptor plate so I can mount it to boost pipe

Throttle
qu7arave.jpg

Adaptor plate
esuse8eg.jpg

Stick together
9evehu5y.jpg

4e9enymy.jpg

Done some work on cable linkage for additional throttle

Drill a hole
9u3yma5y.jpg

Drill hole in 6mm bolt, this and a nut will hold cable in place
u6eme9uj.jpg

Make a bracket
u3yqe7er.jpg

ja5eza8a.jpg

Then use brake cable and guide from mountain bike v-brake, done

zajyhu3y.jpg

9ysa7y8a.jpg

Have you looked at a "solderless nipple"
(Let the giggles commence :p )
That's what holds my T-Pull cables to my emergency stuffs :)

Ooo, I have now

Il get one off those for my accelerator pedal.

When I made cable for inlet throttle, I've just used a connector block strip to hold cable in place on the pedal, where the ball part used to be :D

So got throttles working together

So started her up expecting no squeal, but it's still there'

Couldn't get a video as the belt started smoking, and as car is at my house now, didn't wanna start a fire on the drive

It was really hot, to hot to touch

It's plenty tight, all pulleys spin freely

Stuck again!

Well the engine ticks over fine, jus as soon as throttle is touchd and bypass valve shuts it squeals

Jus remembered that I still havnt taken note off boost pipe pressure against plenum pressure, see if there's a big difference.

But I thought having a TB pre charger, would stop the surge

You aren't overgearing the sc are you? The vw versions of the m24 have an internal 1:1.93 gear reduction

I thought having a TB pre charger would help with the pressure.......by regulating how much air is allowed to the charger

Bypass valve should only be fully closed at full throttle mind, and should bleed off an amount of air proportional to how closed the throttle is

Back