• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Porks bike carbs and boost project

Check the boot to see if the bearing is still in the cv cap etc. Some "new" parts aren't always perfect

Spin the wheels and see if you can hear anything out of the ordinary

Checl the cv grease if you haven't already may need a tad more.

Coming from both sides suggests driveshafts to me

I've put car on full lock, grabbed the shaft (no comments lol) and I can pull it from the gearbox and it does move a bit (both sides)

Should there be some movement there?

I've put car on full lock, grabbed the shaft (no comments lol) and I can pull it from the gearbox and it does move a bit (both sides)

Should there be some movement there?
Yup to take up the movement of the wheel as it goes up and down... when on the ground is there any movement?

sounds like the shafts are binding neil (we covered this before iirc) the lowz and the different wishbone balljoint positions ?

sounds like the shafts are binding neil (we covered this before iirc) the lowz and the different wishbone balljoint positions ?

I checked what you said last time, jack car up and see if engine moves over, doesn't budge

Raise ride height? Lengthen wishbones?

the shafts will bind more on lock too eh neil, jack the balljoints up and run it in gear/off the gound, lock to lock (you will probably see the engine straining left and right)

Il give that a go :)

I wanna keep the lows

If I was to extend the wishbones, what's safest way to do it?, don't wanna lose any strength!

I just tried franks idea, felt fine, no change in engine tone, didn't struggle

But I was only in first gear, the rumbky feeling happens above 20 mph (should of said earlier)

I bet it's a flatspot on your tyres where it's been stationary so long...

I've been ragging it about for a while now mate lol, it's fine in a straight line

Apart from its leaning out at top of rev range, I don't have an air filter on it yet though lol

So, if I want to keep lows options are

1- lengthen wishbone
2- shorten driveshafts
3-k10 wishbones with modded ball joints
4-raise engine up to straighten angle of shafts

Which is better option?

I mean is the shaft binding coz of the angle of the shafts? If so then option 4 is best bet, right?

So, if I want to keep lows options are

1- lengthen wishbone
2- shorten driveshafts
3-k10 wishbones with modded ball joints
4-raise engine up to straighten angle of shafts

Which is better option?

I mean is the shaft binding coz of the angle of the shafts? If so then option 4 is best bet, right?

My driver side mount is adjustable, so it'll jus involve gear box and rear mount

If I have some lateral movement of shaft as it is now, it's gotta be the angle that's causing the bind

So raising up engine should straighten the angle and cure problem..........or am I confusing myself

Looking at it again, the driveshafts aren't at any stupid angle at all

It's gotta be the shortend wishbones then that's squashing in the shafts

Il take pic later, if you look at the rubber boots near g/box they look all bunched up

Why would I only feel the binding/juddering whilst cornering though if this is the problem?

If I shortened the shafts by 20mm (10mm to account for shorter wishbones, and 10mm for the added lows) would this be enough?

the inboard spider mate, it locates on a circlip, if you remove them and bladder it further dow the spline it,ll shorten the assy 10mm or so

PB290176.JPG

Had a spare hour today in between Xmas shopping. :-/

Raised the ride height.......loads better when turning now....... But looks ****, at least I can use it more now

It's been leaning out at top if revs on boost, so fitted a bad boy halfrauds rip speed air filter (only one I could get at short notice)

And also moved the needles one clip up..... Loads better now :D !!!

Back