Porks bike carbs and boost project

Jus to be clear
Does this.......

nyvudy5y.jpg

Need to be plumbed into vac lines?

Went past a scrappy earlier and popped in to have a look

Got this lot for £30

4e8uhe2y.jpg

Need washer bottle as mine seized, bonnet coz mine flipped off and dented crap out of it..... And pre face lift grille coz I might sell it to one of you lot ;)

Washer bottle, done, bonnet done, all lights work

Should be ready for mot, hopefully this week :)

So here's new bonnet, gunna spray it up, suggestions on colour anyone?

na5a3a9a.jpg

And for anyone that's interested, here's a better pick of the grille I picked up today, it's a bit faded, but perfect otherwise

huve4u6e.jpg

Padriac got first dibs tho lol

My neighbour is doing mot, so he will be easy on me ;)

Also the fact that I only have 2 foot of exhaust from turbo means I have to give it to him lol

The hardest part is figuring out the trigger wheel and after what you have done so far you should find it simples

Other than using a later type K11E box and flywheel with it already integrated, it's not too hard to achieve if that's not an option.

Trigger wheel wise, you either lash out on a pre-made underdrive crank pulley from TTV or take the cheaper option of a trigger wheel from triggerwheels and weld/bolt one on as in the below two pics. As long as it's a solid mount which isn't going to suffer from NVH, it's quite simple with a little thought.

This option is only realistic if you have no PAS or water pump.
23042013163.jpg

If you keep it simpler and retain the OEM stuff then you can mount the crank sensor like Stani did on a previous build.
image-15_zps9f2cb0cc.jpg

First setup looks so much better than what i had. Also make it beefy, im sure mines would have move under acceleration but the plan was always to add onto what was in the pic

heres what i did (pretty sure ive posted it before)

I used a 1.0 wheel, I didn't need the outer pulley so it was chopped off. the trigger wheel center hole was reamed to be the exact fit for the crank bolt which means the trigger is centralized. The trigger already had the 3 holes drilled from use on the mini engine so it was just a case of spotting the holes and drill & tap the pulley, these bolts are mainly to stop the wheel from twisting when the crank bolt gets tightened.

Tis exhaust popping that :) very similar to mine, but mines because its overfuelling
Shouldn't spit flame though :)

Well I never got these carbs balanced, so one could be over fueling more than the other 3 , spose it's to be expected with 4 carbs, it's fine driving

Wideband readings are 17-18 on idle, and 13-14 on boost, so not to bad

Better to be overfuelling than running lean anyway matey :)

Does sound like one is a tad over but nothing to worry about. Especially if the afr is showing relatively normal

Was the engine cold?

Better to be overfuelling than running lean anyway matey :)

Does sound like one is a tad over but nothing to worry about. Especially if the afr is showing relatively normal

Was the engine cold?

Yeah It was, but was driving around for ages yesterday and still doing it

Back