poorly micra

ive got a nissan micra 1.3 sr 1997,k11, he turns over but wont actually start,been told it was the imobiliser(which its not)someone suggested it may be the throttle body,how true could this be,before i spend loads more money on what it could or might be?thanks...

done fuse check,there is no error codes,its got spark just wont start,garage could'nt put it on diag machine,said it might be the chip in key,then it was the imobiliser,now the throttle body,but also said might be ecu????

done fuse check,there is no error codes,its got spark just wont start,garage could'nt put it on diag machine,said it might be the chip in key,then it was the imobiliser,now the throttle body,but also said might be ecu????

no, take the fuse out and try to start it

Been there with the NATS prob,runs for 2 secs,cuts out with management light flashing.I changed the whole system which involves key,ignition & shroud,ECU & control box hidden well behind left of glove box.Been a long time but you can download a program on the net that that resets the system by plugging laptop into management plug..Think it was about £50.Have a search...Got to be easier than changing to 2nd hand system & much cheaper than getting Nissan to deal with it.

when the igniton switch went duff on mine,i got a bump start to make sure it wornt nats bugs eating in
car push started and ran with the warn/check light continualy flashing whilst driving around
changed switch and game was on again

tried most things,not quiet near the sea,more inland,done just over 100,000miles,he is a nice little car,shame he just havin a bad run with him...

true age isnt the issue
i recon a push start/clutch out with dash ign lights on should have him started and much more sellable on here
did the dash lights radio start going funny as this prob appeared??

no, dash lights radio all worked ok,on a return from shopping just didnt want to start,he isnt rusty,he had front cross member replaced and sills already welded,past his mot end of jan...

so a supa doopa nice price foor us here then :) few members around brighon,if they arent busy
spose a looky with pics couldnt harm?

yep
try a ignition switch first, its cheaper.

Hi,
Do you have a link for the ignition switch, can that be replaced without touching nats system? Also a company called fusion motorsport say they sell a new ecu to replace nats ecu any feedback on these?
thanks.

Hi,
Do you have a link for the ignition switch, can that be replaced without touching nats system? Also a company called fusion motorsport say they sell a new ecu to replace nats ecu any feedback on these?
thanks.
the ignition switch can be removed from the end of the barrel np, and Ed on here is fusion motorsport :)

i am looking for 200,but u would have to come look at it,if steve gets it going in the mean time ,we will be asking for more...

does anyone know where ther best place to get ecus from? for a micra k11 97 1.3 sr?
they took off my previous listings sorry,somethink about not being able to advertise selling it,bit harsh,as didnt know the rules....

does anyone know where ther best place to get ecus from? for a micra k11 97 1.3 sr?
they took off my previous listings sorry,somethink about not being able to advertise selling it,bit harsh,as didnt know the rules....

i can get one for you after the weekend, but im still interested in the car :)

thats a shame,we just really dont have time to fix him,dont want to scrap him as we think he has got potential,he is in pretty good shape apart from the not wanting to start...

Contact Ed on here Samantha, he sells an ECU which bypasses NATS. It should solve the whole NATS issue :) and that way you get to keep the car :p

Back