Poll: Rocker Covers; Painted, Polished, or Brushed?

What to do with rocker covers? Multiple answers allowed.

• Total voters
Thinking of doing a bit of tidying up in the engine bay and would like to do something with the rocker covers. What are your thoughts on doing covers?

I was thinking of something similar.. but in red/white, or just do brushed even though I know that's very time consuming.

I wire brushed and sanded mine down to get the crap off and polished it.

PICT0010.jpg

Going to do mine oh so original red. Or maybe green. With either sanded off writing or painted white. Anyone know where i can get white HT leads that aren't the extortionate magnacore ones?

I'd quite like mine polished. Looks good if there's loads of other shiny bits under the bonnet

If you got it blasted with walnut shell media or something similar it would take all the paint off and leave a lovely sheen to the ally :).

I've always quite liked them in solid colours or polished. I'm going to do something a little different with mine soon too :)

Going to do mine oh so original red. Or maybe green. With either sanded off writing or painted white. Anyone know where i can get white HT leads that aren't the extortionate magnacore ones?
I like the idea of the sanded lettering. This looks really nice when done with satin finishes. In regards to the HT leads.. Perhaps something like this may work if you can't actually find affordable leads.. http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/elpages/heatshrink.php

If you got it blasted with walnut shell media or something similar it would take all the paint off and leave a lovely sheen to the ally :).
I always love to see finishes like that.

Go for a red rising sun on a white background. that will look sick:)
Nice.. I may play with that idea in Photoshop to see how it looks... but not sure I have the patience to actually do it on the cover.

Thinking of doing a bit of tidying up in the engine bay and would like to do something with the rocker covers. What are your thoughts on doing covers?

hi im new to msc but iv polished mine an painted center in same colar as car looks grate an polishin dose not take all that long

i used to do wrinkle red covers with polished lettering on here... some of the older members might still have one or two kicking about they could photograph.

the paint i used is the same paint. i did do a few honda covers too..
its fairly easy, but you have to clean every last bit of dirt off the cover, i used to polish mine before painting.
once painted they need to go in the oven for ten mins, then whilst still warm another layer of paint is applied....

it takes 3 days for it to dry.

then just sand back the letters...

the paint is called UHT crackle red from Frost Auto Restoration

Back