Rocker Cover

Stani1029

Club Member
tomorrow im thinkin of sprayin my rocker cover, do i take it off to spray or cover the engine bay up and spray? also wot kind of spray would i use?? :doh:

just don mine, easiest way is, take it off......its easy, and the gasket is rubber so you can re-use it. clean it with gunk or something simalar.... make usre its absolutely clean and dry, then spray it with caliper paint....as a primer.... then whatever colour you want after that. but remember to laquer it, cos the paint wont like oil.

good luck.

mines AJ4 Flame Red at the momet with silver leters and looks the mutts nutts, plus it has the Fusion-motorsports.com logo in white at the top left with a nismo oil cap...braided steel hoses and all other ancilliary hoses and cables hidden arround the engine bay.,

its looking quite neat and tidy actualy. but no one is gonna see any pics of my car untill i have finished the whole thing. ill have a before and an after...

ant

just don mine, easiest way is, take it off......its easy, and the gasket is rubber so you can re-use it.

dont re-use the gasket seal/rubber, you need to replace it every time you take the rocker cover off, if not you will get small oil leaks witch get worse over time!

dont re-use the gasket seal/rubber, you need to replace it every time you take the rocker cover off, if not you will get small oil leaks witch get worse over time!

not according to nissan...... and ive taken mine off 4 times so far.. if you clean up the oil and de-grease the gasket then it should be fine.

but you dont have to take my word for it.. ask nissan

nissan service manauls say that you do have to change the rocker cover gasket when ever the rocker cover is removed that goes for all nissans

Back