POD Shootout for the MSC

Dave - fair point and if thats the case you have one very fast k11!

i wouldnt be suprised if it could keep up with my 2 litre - at least upto 60-70 or so!

i would have thought the small capacity of the 1.3 would let it down at higher speeds though??

i have defiantely found my GTi has a much better pull between 70-120 than all of the smaller engined cars i have driven - how does yours compare?

i used to drive a 1.2 super S, now have a Ibiza GTi Cupra 2.0 16v putting out 150bhp.

its fast, but i know for a fact that a vts could keep up - at least upto 60-70 or so.

There's either something wrong with ur ibiza, or u are racing non std vts's, I have an almera gti probs running 150-155bhp now, and I have no problems with them, even running on 18's.

i would have thought the small capacity of the 1.3 would let it down at higher speeds though??

Our gti's would obliterate micras once we get past 60, if u arent already beating it before 60 (as i showed chie ;) )

the saxo VTS has a power to weight of 128/per tonne.

it has 120bhp standard - im sure yuo can work out the weight from this...

im not calling you a liar and i certainly am interested to see this performance as i know 1.3 k11s' have a great ca series engine - but it does seem difficult to see it keeping up with a VTS - i am certainly going to be at pod to witness these times dave!!

cheers

Luke

yeah smaller cc cars generally tend to run out of go at higher speeds, however saying that my old car and im sure a couple of others in similar or higher states of tune on here will glide upto 100-110 before getting left behind. after fitting the dastek unichip the biggest increase i noticed was from say 60-100 where previously it ran out of puff at 60/70 after the unichip it would carry on pulling steady and constant all the way up to 100.

does anyone has the std VTS specs pls?

fraid to say i runined that car out of stupidity a long time ago, hopefully dave (lowrider) will be there or mike in his NME K11 they will put up a very good show IMO.

neil,

thanks for the vote of confidence- and to be honest your prob right- i have never raced a VTS personally but am going on book figures alone. The ibiza 020 box has massively long 1 and 2nd gears which makes acceleration in these gears a bit of a drag - literally!!

i am not in the habit of racing on the road, but i have given a few cars like celicas etc a pasting but i do have respect for the VTS - they are NOT slow - i dont care what anyone says.

what is the book figure for 0-60 for a mera gti neil??

in fact any info on them would be good - bhp, top speed etc.....

i cant see how you think my ibiza should cane a VTS - with the book figure of my 0-60 standing at 7.8 and the saxo around the same....

Almera Gti 2.0 16v - 145 bhp, 131mph top speed, 132lb ft torque, 7.9sec 0-60, 1190kg Std weight

From speaking to almost every almera owner, apparently these figures are a little conservative. Still waiting to get hold of chies g-tech to test 0-60 times.

Neil,

they seem pretty good figures mate- very similiar to my cupra.

my are:

ABF 2.0 16v DOHC (same as mk3 golf gti 16v)
bhp 150
0-60 7.9 secs
top speed 135mph
weight 1100kg (fully loaded)

however the 020 box has awful 1st and 2nd ratios which slow acceleration but make 60 in sec at 6.5k easily obtainable shortening the 0-60 times.

what is the almera GTI box like?

on another note the ABF is also said to be conservative figures- one was rolling roaded the other week standard at 164bhp - bit of a diff from the 150 book figure!

nice car by the way neil!

Luke

Cheers, lol...

The sr20 box is lovely, cant tell u off the top of my head the speeds that come out of each gear, but it redlines up to 7k so goes that bit longer.

my 1.6 revs to 7100,,

its runnin ok now..:) and jus need zorst fitting rite then ill buy a g-tech and get some times up..cant wate..first eva ga16 k11 figures coming up peeps

I hope your at the micra meet @ santa pod on the 21st august, never did get to show u my k10 super s.

K11 micra 74bhp
savo vts 120bhp

tommos k11 which has mods on it couldnt beat my old (and yours luke) k10 at the pod and i drove a VTS last weekend with filter, de-cat and backbox mods and I have to say you'd have to spend more on a K11 to make it as fast than you would on buying a VTS to make it as quick

yeah im sure with 108 bhp you would be getting close to VTS Speed. Cams would probably see you surpassing them as that could take you to 125bhp with a correct set up :)

RIK said:
my 1.6 revs to 7100,,

its runnin ok now..:) and jus need zorst fitting rite then ill buy a g-tech and get some times up..cant wate..first eva ga16 k11 figures coming up peeps

Your not the first to do this mate!

Ian said:
yeah im sure with 108 bhp you would be getting close to VTS Speed. Cams would probably see you surpassing them as that could take you to 125bhp with a correct set up :)

agreed :) turning into an intersting post this if a little off topic lol

RE: RE: POD Shootout for the MSC

Titch said:
RIK said:
my 1.6 revs to 7100,,

who's done it then apart from,,, j.a.kelly,,well george did the work for it
but wer was the figures and problems he had etc,,,no ones posted anything like wot i have regarding the conversion,,n i only sed first eva figures

wot a "micraclub" ..im tryin to get as much info as i can about the ga16 conversion in the club,
or would you be more interested in how quik a saxo is??

rik is making a fair point here i think titch, he does seem to be adding a depth of knowledge about the K11 GA16DE conversion like no one else has done. my 2p

RIK said:
Titch said:
RIK said:
my 1.6 revs to 7100,,

who's done it then apart from,,, j.a.kelly,,well george did the work for it
but wer was the figures and problems he had etc,,,no ones posted anything like wot i have regarding the conversion,,n i only sed first eva figures

wot a "micraclub" ..im tryin to get as much info as i can about the ga16 conversion in the club,
or would you be more interested in how quik a saxo is??

Ok - fair enough, you did only just say figures. I thought you meant that you were the first to do this conversion.

Ian said:
gaz done it a few years back. He used a 1.0l box and rally clutch. He was claiming to be faster then a VTS.

I can see that happening with the 1L box TBH

Ultimately we all need to meet up at santa pod and do some runs, then all the guesswork, talk and claimed g tech's will mean nothing!

i dont think so. :p how about you turn down your power to match mine then we can all watch as your wasted. a 10mm restrictor will do :)

Back