POD Shootout for the MSC

Titch

Micra K11ng
Right - since there seems to be a good spirit in the K10 shoot out thread, i thought we could maybe all get together and have a shootout at the pod with all of the Micras?
We can see who has :

Fastest K10 N/A
Fastest K10 Turbo

Fastest K11 N/a
Fastest K11 Turbo

Fastest K12?

I think if not anything it would be a great day out, and people would find out more about there car's power etc.
Not sure who to speak to reguarding getting this organised, and i'm the wrong side of the country to do anything about it!!
Just a thought tho guys.
Titch :kungfu:

RIK said:
ILL have the fastest k11 N/A thankyou very much

or am i in a group of my own???

maybe... maybe not, depends if you keep the engine standard-ish at pod because there are going to be some VERY fast 1.3 K11s soon :)

and not to meantion some 2.0ls :eek:

edit: plus i think lowrider has a rather quick 1.3 atm.

i dont think we have any K11 turbos in the club.. Jo doesn't assosicate with the MSC and james blew his up.

fastest cars are going to be down to ed and umar.

does it beat nova gsi's....2.0ltr 8v corsa's???

j.a kelly has sed his car his had power problems,,so doesnt really know power of it,,trust me no tuned 1.3 is coming close to this!!

i dont care anyway ill let you lot allthink it aint quik,,,it will be more fun to see the looks on peoples faces how quik it really is

James is going to have the most powerfull turbo K11, also blown up is not true. Yes the car had a fault, however that just means that the project has taken a turn sooner than expected - for the better. Im not going to lie, my plans are to build the most powerful 1.3 K11 ourside of Japan. Its pretty much as simple as that - as a bonus for everyone here as the project is being built I'll keep people upto date on the progress as it happens. :)

RIK said:
i dont care anyway ill let you lot allthink it aint quik,,,it will be more fun to see the looks on peoples faces how quik it really is

Put it this was man - chie & my car will no doubt have your K11 1.6. Thats why we should arrange this shoot out.

As will Lowriders (Dave) - Mikes - Beachboy's (Luke)
All 1.3's :)

RIK said:

yes yes you've put a GA16 into a micra, your not the first nore the last. Get over it. I didnt say it was slow all im saying is there are some very fast 1.3 K11s out there with a nice NA tune. It wont be the fastest K11 in existance, not even the fastest N/A tune because there was a 2.0L kicking around, and there will be again soon. But im NOT saying its not fast. Your just assuming im taking a go at you and your car when i wasn't, at all.

Just be moddest about the car none of this "well you're just jelous i made a 1.6 micra" because no, frankly i'm not and neither is anyone else i know.

RIK said:
does it beat nova gsi's....2.0ltr 8v corsa's???

j.a kelly has sed his car his had power problems,,so doesnt really know power of it,,trust me no tuned 1.3 is coming close to this!!

just for the record. Mulholland do a 160ps kit for the K11. Which surpasses a stock GA16de's power by far.

Ian said:
RIK said:

yes yes you've put a GA16 into a micra, your not the first nore the last. Get over it. I didnt say it was slow all im saying is there are some very fast 1.3 K11s out there with a nice NA tune. It wont be the fastest K11 in existance, not even the fastest N/A tune because there was a 2.0L kicking around, and there will be again soon. But im NOT saying its not fast. Your just assuming im taking a go at you and your car when i wasn't, at all.

Just be moddest about the car none of this "well you're just jelous i made a 1.6 micra" because no, frankly i'm not and neither is anyone else i know.

Guys guys, take it out with each other at POD ;)

ok and who has one of these fitted that will be at the pod???? or do you even know anyone with this kit?

i didnt build it to make anyone jelous,its jus the fact it cost me 500quid for very very quik reliable car,it cost about 500quid for a decent exhaust system for the 1.3 k11 to give it a slight improvement,i know thers plenty of quik 1.3's out ther and i highly respect that ,i am 100% sure i would still have i 1.3 if mine hadnt hav blown up,but the 1.6 option was ther and i took it,wen i go to pod ther aint many beatin me i can garuntee it

no i don't. Im just stating facts, you said a tuned 1.3 meaning ANY 1.3. Im just saying that this kit is availible.

arnold- i wont be running as i drive a 50bhp K10 :)

Got to agree with Ian here - i still reckon some 1.3's here would hamer your 1.6. Sheer acceleration would have you mate - sorry, but you'd lose!

another point,,will anyone even turn up? i know im not a deffinate due to ****ty altonator,could trailer it ther and charge battery every time for a run lol will be lookin at g-techs on eBay so ill have some proof and not jus my word

quickdraw said:
plus the ga16 has a higher end gear ratio so in fact the cg13 low gear ratio box would be better for the shorter run! and pounce

But remember i'm using the Ga16 box!, with a race clutch!!

its power all the way thru,,it goes and goes and goes,,puts you in yur seat all the way thru each gear any way,another gud thing is it does go in a straight line even when the wheels are spinning(must mean i made a gud job of fitting it lol);)

Gearbox choice for the quarter mile isn't as simple as high and low ratio... it's better to have less torque at the wheels and only have to do 2 gear changes, than having loads of torque at the wheels and having to do 3.

yup, 21st of august, is a sticky at the top of general chat. Hope to drag a lot of the north east bunch down hopefully, if i can get down myself that is!

I'm gonna be there and gonna be the fastest of the MA10/12 Naturally aspirated.

and gonna beat the 18.1 record

Andrew said:
Gearbox choice for the quarter mile isn't as simple as high and low ratio... it's better to have less torque at the wheels and only have to do 2 gear changes, than having loads of torque at the wheels and having to do 3.

so im better off with my engine that has more torque,and will have only two gearchanges to do,,:)

RIK said:
Andrew said:

so im better off with my engine that has more torque,and will have only two gearchanges to do,,:)

What top speed can you third?

Edit : going by what Andrew is sayin (i trust what he says as i feel he knows what he's talking about) less torque would be better at the wheels, so why do you think more is better?

Andrew said:

I dont agree with that, unless you mean if there is so much torque you wheelspin, which is then wasted. It does however have to be a compromise between the power output and ratios so you keep the engine in its optimal range for the duration of the 1/4 mile. In my case thats 5000-7000 rpm.

also it would probably be just as quik if i set of in second only doing one change and eliminating pointless wheelspin in first gear,,on the other hand I CAN DRIVE and will controll my ninja launch down the strip avoiding any possible wheelspinage that would happen with someone that dint know wot they wer doing,

as far as i know ther aint any cars in the club im scared of apart from other engine conversions and turbos,,and how many of those are going to pod??,,btw i stil have problems with mine but wot i have had with the car is very impresive ;)

do you have any other mods rik? or just the standard ga16 with about 100 bhp.

most of the k11s in the club have 100 bhp on the 1.3, granted not as much torque as you, but a lot less weight and a quicker gear ratios. not trying to 'intimidate' you or have a go as such mate.

just curious as to how you intend to beat a similar car to yours power wise, thats got a better power to weight ratio? do you have any other mods/plans your not letting on?

:)

ok,,i have a 2" stainless zorst and 4" backbox,,stripped out interior everything else is standard

robbo,has janspeed manifold de-cat,2" all way thru,induction,stripped out interior

robbo cant get beat me,FULL STOP

eveyone keeps saying the statistics of the GA16 "oh its got this much torque,this much bhp,this longer gearbox" fair enuff facts are facts

but how many have actualy been in my car? or a ga16 micra that actually runs o.k(apart from mine atm lol)
ther aint no 1.3 N/A micra in the club to beat a gsi nova,2.0ltr8v corsa.2.0ltr astra(new shape) these cars have become the victims of my car in the two days i had it running befor altonator problems,,getting this sorted asap,and wen it is im happy to take anyone out for a spin.jus to prove my point

RE: RE: POD Shootout for the MSC

o_O ok, no one said your car was slow. i mearly asked what i asked cos by the sounds of it you had a standard micra with a standard ga16de in it. i was curious to why you has so much confidence in the matter.

after the mods you described i do believe that there are few 1.3's that will 'have' you. have you looked into a performace manifold for the ga16? with this it should to take you to vts/106 gti levels :D

also nova gsi's have about 100bhp to but are really heavy so most 1.3's have beaten these :) as for the 2.0ltr8v corsa.2.0ltr astras i've never seen a 2.0 corsa round my way and don't know much on the new astra so can't comment. however both being vauxhalls i have my doubts on them being any good lol

RIK said:
yeah ED that includes your 980cc woteva it is too,,

and by this do you mean to beat Ed's ST?

no i meant that im scared ed's ST too,,lol

and VTS 106 rallye,,being wot they are dont think they have as much space for modifying left in them as you all know nissan get more out of ther engines,as the 1.3 k11 proves ,yeah round bends as they have the rite balance as a standard car,but were on about the strip arent we.

weel see on the day if i get ther,,i really wanna go as i have neva bin down a 1/4mile before,,but know i goto prove point,,so even more determined to go

no point really to prove mate, got no doubts your car is quick.

would like to see what time it pulls :)

also my bad on the thinking you were gonna say you could have an st lol, good luck mate.

:)

lol that was because i thought ed was going to put"wot? your scared of my 980cc's"

wel i think its quiker then wot youll expect it to be,,

RIK said:
and VTS 106 rallye,,being wot they are dont think they have as much space for modifying left in them

I assume you mean 106 GTi not rallye?

Yes they are vrey tunable. For around £1500 you can get a 145+ bhp kit.... thats a fair bit of performance And if its supercharged (ok so thats moderatly expensive) they can play around with M3 BMWs.

Ian

yeah ment gti..doh!,,rallye/gti same crap to me

but thay havent got more tuning potential as the ga16..

RIK said:
yeah ment gti..doh!,,rallye/gti same crap to me

but thay havent got more tuning potential as the ga16..

Really they do!! You'll never catch a tuned 106 GTI with a tuned GA16. The 106 is a much quicker car.

ian we are talkin about santa pod,,how many bends are they at the pod??

lets go turbo then,,thers a ga16 turbo upto 220bhp,,wots the turbo do for the gti?

RIK said:
ian we are talkin about santa pod,,how many bends are they at the pod??

lets go turbo then,,thers a ga16 turbo upto 220bhp,,wots the turbo do for the gti?

no idea. but like a said a supercharger will allow it to beat an M3.

Back