POD Shootout for the MSC

http://www.saxosportsclub.com/forum/SEURLF/ASP/SFS/THREADID.210632/FORUMID.5/SFE/posts.htm

230/240

and there are some with 300+

its a gud job ther aint any in the micra sports club then lol

jus sayin i dont think ther will be many to challenge me at 1/4 mile,apart from conversion and turbo or S/T micras

RIK said:
its a gud job ther aint any in the micra sports club then lol

jus sayin i dont think ther will be many to challenge me at 1/4 mile,apart from conversion and turbo or S/T micras

Yes - but i think there is. Will give you a go at the POD one day. Then we'll see who's daddy.

this is the msc shootout,,

yeah the gti has more bhp,,BHP is not everything,,wots the difference in torque and gear ratio's,,surley u havent based all this on the fact it has more bhp?

No - i'm sure that the GTI has more torque also, but i think Ian will confirm this for me. I've been in a 106 GTI & the power from it was insane. I'd doubt any ga16 Micra would catch it, and deff not in corners.
I've probally got one of the best handling Micras on here and i struggle to catch him on corners.

But this ain't about handling is it, so anyway...

the 106?

very very similar gear ratios to your GA16

40mph 1st
62 2nd
90 3rd.

they have 107 lbft of torque according to carstats.co.uk

again,,ther aint any corners on the pod,,im talkin 1/4

yeah im sure ther aint any car to beat saxa 106 around bends,
and likewise the power from my car is insane too! but that dont mean anything
my grandad thinks the power of his astra estate is insane,,

Ian said:
the 106?

very very similar gear ratios to your GA16

40mph 1st
62 2nd
90 3rd.

they have 107 lbft of torque according to carstats.co.uk

I can get

34 outta 1st
62 outta 2nd
92 outta 3rd

So yea - quite close on the ratios.

o.k so take the 1.3 k11 as standard (like a granny car) with less bhp than the the cars in its class,,so why? wen modded like everyone on the msc will admit has the potentail,to create more power than the engines in its class,,,because NISSSAN build great cars that can be highly tuned and still keep reliability,,,,is this just the 1.3 k11,,or could the ga16 also do this?

VTS's are quality, I'd have one if I could, drove my mates the other day and you'd need to spend a lot on a micra to get it as fast as a VTS

yeah wel apparently ther are sum knokin around already to compete with vts's,,,ive yet to see one

the ga16 as standard as you say it RIk im sorryto say will NOT monster all 1.3's in this club.
chie
titch's
dave lowirders.

are 3 off top of my head that i lelieve (n/a) that will give the ga16 a good going.
titchs and daves i believe would have yours for dinner ON ROAD.
however i believe the one challanger would be chie in a straight line.
this is the guy that toys with the VTR's at the moment. YES its not VTS's but then ga16-cg13. it can all mat6ter nothing.
personally i believe the success t going downt he strip

driving style.

simple as. if you know how to launch- u know your car - you know its patterns

that is when you will win.
at the moment in time i say schie will have you hands down. but then we are talking about months down the line. all could change by then.
no point "arguing " about it.

with work to your ga16 it can bea nice motor. but it needs work. which i dont believe you will have done in time. simple as.

let the strip do the talking eh!

yep fairenuff,,agree to dissagree..n all that

now need to get in runnin,,and get NINJA launch down to a tee

wish pod was close to cornwall. would like to give you all a blast with my ultralight 700kg k11.

i cant its too far. not really in distance/time could spare a weekend, but in expence.

Where is pod (geographically)
Im in ireland and would be interested for the day out!
Could get the ferry to wales and drive from there... if possible...

Ed said:
Andrew said:
Gearbox choice for the quarter mile isn't as simple as high and low ratio... it's better to have less torque at the wheels and only have to do 2 gear changes, than having loads of torque at the wheels and having to do 3.

I dont agree with that, unless you mean if there is so much torque you wheelspin, which is then wasted. It does however have to be a compromise between the power output and ratios so you keep the engine in its optimal range for the duration of the 1/4 mile. In my case thats 5000-7000 rpm.

It's pretty complicated.... it's just one of those things in proper drag racing that a higher numerical ratio isn't always best, but it's all to do with where the torque is, which gear you expect to be in at the end etc. Though those race cars aren't even vaguelly similar to all these tiny engine Jap road cars. I'll look into it more later.

After talking to Edwin on MSN, we were misundstanding each other.

What I am saying is this:

If by the end of the quarter mile you have 20m left, and are force to change into 5th, you waste a certain amount of time changing gear, and then don't have any time to use it. So if you could make all the gears a slightly lower numerical ratio, you would be changing into 5th just after you crossed the line. The wheel torque would be slightly lower, but you wouldn't lose that time. This technique worked for Allen in his Evo, where he rode it off the rev limiter in 4th, instead of shifting to 5th.

When you are talking 7 second quarter miles in custom built cars, you have the flexibility to chose your ratios exactly. But it's academic when talking about a Micra, as you don't have the flexibility.

This is exactly what I do agree with. Also all those who rate the VTS's. They are not that quick at all. Infact my Black ST could beat them at the pod. I dont think I ever saw a standard VTS even get into the 15's. (I stand to be corrected). They are certaintly not a threat. One thing for sure though the GA16 block is much much stronger, and could reliably get power that the VTS16v engine could only dream of.

i wouldnt underate a VTS that much ed... surely everyone has seen the video of the s/c'd one going up the strip with an M3?

The VTS might have some attributes that are good but who drives one? 9/10 saxos in that shape are VTR's and suck ass. theres 2 ACTUALL VTS's around me and there driven buy an old guy and a bird. the rest are VTR's or westcoasts. mmmmmm the power!!

considering how much power it is. THe window may affect it. But a passenger,i doubt the driver would feel a difference.

yeah they are fast but you can make a micra just as fast,

i think if you had, janspeed manifold, decat back exhaust system, K&N panel filter or relocated CAI setup with a mappable ecu and cams you would be able to happily take the "wee" out of them.

i could annoy the **** out of them stuck behind them like glue and the last one i followed my car was running intermitantly on 3/4 cylinders. So fully working i dont see why i couldnt have crept past, and like i say if i had cams too then i reckon i would have happily glided past gaining in every gear. upto 100 at least. my 2p

Hey guys,

i used to drive a 1.2 super S, now have a Ibiza GTi Cupra 2.0 16v putting out 150bhp.

its fast, but i know for a fact that a vts could keep up - at least upto 60-70 or so.

i have been in many a 1.3 k11 and in fact raced a few in my ibiza - im sorry but i doubt that a 1.3 mildly tuning k11 could keep up with a VTS - and i am sure it couldnt pass him if he was driving right. Simply checked book figures should support that assumption.

are you telling me a k11 1.3 has a 0-60 of 7.5 secs??

thats what the majoirt of mildly tuning VTS's have. My 0-60 is 7.8ish nad that is pretty quick. I personally think people need to be more realistic about their cars performance.

I certainly have found that now i do actually own and drive a fairly fast car i am more honest about power and am certainly happy to admit that my Ibiza Cupra is on par with a VTS, and am happy to admit i could lose soem races to some lesser engined cars. However when i owned my 1.2 k10 i tended to be much more optimistic about power outpout and in my head truly believed i could beat some cars i can look back now and say i definately couldn't - funny how things change!!

hope my 2 cents makes sense!!

Luke

K10 Super S said:
are you telling me a k11 1.3 has a 0-60 of 7.5 secs??
Well, not far off, and from what he's told me, you can probably squeeze more out of it:
chie.gif

That is a very good time if accurate.

i have missed out on this particular cars info, where can i read about chie's car?

i still doubt it would beat a VTS up the pod!

Luke

That is a very good time if accurate.

i have missed out on this particular cars info, where can i read about chie's car?

i still doubt it would beat a VTS up the pod!

Luke

well, k10 super s i can hear what you are saying but i did folow a vts and i did keep with it sorry to disapoint you, it may have been his driving that slowed him down but he was certainly trying, how hard only he will know but my guess is pretty damn hard. i was trying as hard as i could and he didnt get away.

i previously had 108bhp and my car weighed approx 800kg i think what power does the vts have and how much does that weigh out of interest?

Back