the 1st msc anorak quiz

59 bhp is more than enough

Deactivated Account
Taking inspiration from another thread I’ve decided to find out who is the biggest anorak amongst us a) because I’ve got nothing better to do and b) because it would be interesting to find out who is the saddest one here

Now you might be thinking that anyone could just get on tinterweb and cheat so I trust you all to not use the internet to answer any of these questions because that would just ruin it all for the rest of us doing it properly.

Now all these questions are on Japanese cars and some will be stupidly difficult and some will be relatively easy. There is also a trick question in there somewhere to try and seek out those people who have used google or other internet search engines.

After you have answered them all don’t post them up so other people can copy, email them to me at [email protected] I will reward the winner with a set of red ally bonnet pins un-opened (yeah I know not a great prize but better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick and its the only thing i have goin spare) I will announce the winner in a week from today (4/3/06)

Okay here we go.

1. what was the first production jap car to break the 100bhp per litre record

2. Name the make and model of the car used to come 1st in the rwd ¼ mile shootout at ten of the best 4 (HINT: it also came second overall)

3. What is the compression ration of the Nissan micra k11 1.3

4. Name the country (other than japan ) that first used nissans N/A RB30 and for a bonus point what car maker was it

5. What is the name of the two cars that was used to create nissans hybrid car the sileighty (clue is in the name, told you some would be easy)

6. What is the code of the engine used in the EK9 civic type r

7. What is the name of a Toyota car that uses gull wing doors as standard

8. What does GTO stand for in Mitsubishi’s car of the same name ( Italian or English translation, doesn’t matter which)

9. Name the engine configuration used in the subaru impreza type RA (I know it is the same as most but some clever **** could name the config. of the 1.6 gl model)

10. What is the engine code of the power plant used in the Nissan Pulsar/Sunny GTiR

11. To the nearest point of a litre (i.e 2.4) what is the engine size used in the Toyota glanza turbo

12. Which large mainstream car manufacturer own Daihatsu

13. What is the full name of the inventor of the wan kel engine (no that isnt a mistake, the swear evasion kicked in lol)

14. What is the engine layout of a Honda S2000
a) transverse
b) Longitudinally

15. What was the engine capacity of the American s13 240sx and was it forced Induction or normally aspirated

16. What is the fastest Japanese road car to lap the tsukuba circuit

17. Which well know japanese alloy wheel manufacturer produces the TE37 wheel

18. What is the engine code of the series two MR2 turbo

19. What is the make and model of the last demo car MINES produced?

20. What other car Mitsubishi car shares the same chassis layout as the colt

59 bhp is more than enough said:
Now you might be thinking that anyone could just get on tinterweb and cheat so I trust you all to not use the internet to answer any of these questions because that would just ruin it all for the rest of us doing it properly.

hahaha,,you trust us....

2nd tab,,,google :D ;)

arrrg my geeky knowledge only goes up to about 1985 after that i get a bit stumped, but i will have a go

4. Name the country (other than japan ) that first used nissans N/A RB30 and for a bonus point what car maker was it

Holden
car was eh a monaro or the other thing they make. Holden asked nissan to produce a 3ltr version just for there cars.

10. What is the engine code of the power plant used in the Nissan Pulsar/Sunny GTiR

That's an easy one - ED1T :)

Edited out ;)

question 1 :- could be one of two are we counting rotories as there technicaly the first to break the 100BHP per liter..

also are we going for the full engine code of the pulsar engine or the one every one uses?

well i you email me the rotary and no rotary ill give u 2 points, oh and as for the gtir engine code its the one everyone uses oh and plese cud an admin type person remove all his answers as i dont want cheating going on

oh and the last question i really should of put the year, but if the smart four four isnt a mitsubishi car dont you think ur barking up the wrong tree.

i meant the 92-96 colt, the earlier one, series 2 i think it was

Oh yeah and it only really extends to Nissan's, Suzuki two stroke motorbikes and ........errr I'll get me coat, I mean parker.

only two people have entered, i know its embarresing admitting how much you know about cars but just do it for a laugh, only got until saturday, cum on people will only take a minute and i know for a fact that there are loads of people on here that could easily answer them all. okay for every answer sheet i get ill donate 50p to the msc.

Back