Santa pod 21/8/05 + times + video

Ed

Fusion Motorsport
MSC Founder
Official MSC Trader
Hi all were at santa pod at the moment. Not a bad turn out but as usual lots didnt bother to turn up. After a manic night last night I goto sleep at 4am, to be up at 7. However James H missed his alarm and woke up at 8am!! and finally got to mine at around 9. I wasnt too mad (lol) as I got more sleep.

So far these are the times for today:

Mark who has always claimed his K10 is the fastest now can finally back up the claim. He got at 17.8 which is so far the best K10 speed from the forums.
Craig 1.0 K11 got 18.4
Welly 17.9 (I think)
Finally....

I have made one run...

It was a poor start, I bogged down - not used to this grip...

However...

I got ...

hehehe

14.8 @ 95mph!!! New Record for me !! Im now going to tweak it and wind up the boost some more to make use of this fuel. I hope to get around 14.5. It does seem that it may be possible...

You may hear back from us all later..

Ed

RE: Calling from santa pod + times

nice one, what were your 60ft times?

is there a list of qtr mile times for everyone on here?

my best is a 14.85 @ 93mph with a 2.46 60ft (shudder)

oh and how much power you putting down at the wheels now?

New record - I now have 14.49 :) not sure on my 60-ft or terminals yet around 95mph. Not bad for a 930cc 8V 1988 K10 micra!! I'm not sure im going to beat this time now, or really try to anyway, because its getting very hot here now, air temps are extreamly high.

Ill update with any news if this changes..

Ed

woop! well done to all! especially mark, good man! anyone know if he ran it on me 12'' steelies?

congrats, did u manage to see my mates k11 with the union jack on the bonnet? i told james ot get a pic

Craig managed a 18.3 time on his final run! :) Not bad for 1L

Welly got 17.7 I think on his first run.

Also, guess who forgot their suncream......I'm just a little bit sunburnt - doh!

Nice to see everyone again :)

Trung said:
Very impressive Ed.
Did you toast any Civic Type-Rs then?;)

Quite a few ran late 14's and 15's, some very nice ones ran 13's!

On his second run he beat an older model civic :)

For his 14.4 time he had the front light out and passanger seat out and also had a much better start!

Ed, thats time's just crazy!

Mark's K10 time is very impressive too, a 17.8, all from an engine that was installed and tuned by me

Thanks for the comments guys. I was quite pleased with the 14.4 run. Its going to take me a while to get used to saying 14's not 15's lol I knew I would better it today, 1 because the chassis is now not stable taking that power and the front end is all over the place, 2 it was getting very hot, and 3 I still have an unresolved missfire which i think is the Emanage messing up a bit, i think its getting a poor RPM signel. However good day for all quite a few records broken, and finally for me at least a respectable time for my ST :)

Was a really wicked day, nice to put a few names to face's.

the ST was really cool a V fast! who was the lad in the K11 i raced? sorry cant remember.

i did 5 runs in total and didnt cock up any! which was lucky :upside:

3.a205d5ea.jpg

Here is a vid of some of the runs from the day...

http://www.micra.org.uk/videos/santapod.wmv (video is 20 megs)

i have some of marks also ill add later.

hi thanks for a great day and hopefully one day my car will be as quick as ed's
my times were for the 1/4 mile
1/4 secs exit speed
17.352 78.78
17.524 77.88
17.452 77.56
17.471 78.10

no need to work on a cold air feed
seen eds car disapear in the distance was upsetting but enjoying that my arse was being kicked by a nissan micra jap power all the way no saxo or corsa rubbish.
great to meet some more people from the club. but i will say sorry now as due to a really bad memorie am must likly to forget.

great pic mark

My times of the day:

Reaction .773
60ft 2.499
330ft 6.533
1/8 ET 9.738
1/8 MPH 77.44
1000ft 12.428
1/4 ET 14.856
MPH 95.72

Reaction .575
60ft 2.377
330ft 6.344
1/8 ET 9.548
1/8 MPH 77.05
1000ft 12.249
1/4 ET 14.709
MPH 94.15

Reaction .688
60ft 2.266
330ft 6.120
1/8 ET 9.315
1/8 MPH 77.04
1000ft 12.022
1/4 ET 14.492
MPH 93.95

Reaction you mean 60ft? :) had the day stayed cooler, it would have been far better still check out the video you can hear my misfire on the 14.4 run. Take that away also and I'm sure it would have been at least 2ths faster. I goto say I want 13's now hahahaha.

Good vid there Ed, looks as if it was a good day.

Will be down soon to challenge to see who has the fastest K11! Think i'm in the running anyway lol!

Titch :kungfu:

Looks like some great times were had, by both the ST and Mark's K10. :)

Wish I could have come... but I thought I would prefer a nice long sleep instead after this week. :upside:

-Elliot

Elliot said:
Looks like some great times were had, by both the ST and Mark's K10. :)

Wish I could have come... but I thought I would prefer a nice long sleep instead after this week. :upside:

-Elliot

Man - you have to get down to one of the meets!!
Missed out on this one - but hopefully next time guys :)

Yeah It was a really good day, kinda wish there was more K10's there as i had no other k10 to race cause arnold wasnt running.

Am definatley going again.

cant wait to see the videos of my car!

Mark.

Mark said:
Yeah It was a really good day, kinda wish there was more K10's there as i had no other k10 to race cause arnold wasnt running.

Mark.

Well done Mark and Ed for getting those times. Sorry i wasnt running, i had just finished the boot, false floor, got the subs working and didnt fancy taking it all out again! Next time.. . maybe

I thought there would have been other K10s there tho! all that talk of people going and not many people showed up :( . Nice to meet welly, big bad, craig again and anyone else i spoke to.

Arnold (Waspmagnet)

Retepetsir said:
Also, guess who forgot their suncream......I'm just a little bit sunburnt - doh!

You're not the only one. Check these out!

http://www.pc-retail.com/upload/files/1.face.JPG
http://www.pc-retail.com/upload/files/25.neck.JPG

Glenn, the wasps were not funny from where i was standing!! bloody things :(

LOL.

Some other images of the cars etc i took during the day

http://arnold.pc-retail.com/Santa_Pod/

Its was good to meet everyone ha ha. :laugh:

Ive got a few vids of runs, Ed's and Mark I think... I got that 'crash' on tape too. he he.

Gorgious weather. Gorgious cars. Good laff...

doe's anyone know the records for a k11
as i need to make some improvments.
and great pics of my car arnold and just to think i didn't even wash it.
when is the next santa pod as i won't to take on more k11 ,i've got the santa pod bug. also i'll see if the hundyai coupe/accent coupe club won't to come along as i like to see the expression on the face off a few when they get woped by a micra.

I initally went to sell the engine and have a look round santa pod, watce few races etc...

I decided to have a few goes but i needed my drivers licence??!?!?fwn

DEFO next time tho...

kristian

Back