Please help

Something which is connected to the rear wheel brook on the home. Tied with a robe and brought the car home.

Dont know what the part is called. What shall I do?

Please help

panhard rod eh, and yes the backend will be a bit "jelly like" :) but ok to drive with care
Very many thanks frank,

Couple of questions please!

1. Do I need to buy new part or weld back the same?
2. The area which this is/was connected the bottom bit is sort of quite rusted, do I need do anything about it?
3. What causes it to be broken?

Regards

its hard to tell which part has broken now you have roped it together mate, but i guess the bracket has broken from the axle ?
a garage may insist on an axle change tbh

I had the same a while ago, I got a new axle but I also welded it back on but weld a plate over the rusted area then weld it, better to get a new axle as mine only lasted a month then broke off again

I had the same a while ago, I got a new axle but I also welded it back on but weld a plate over the rusted area then weld it, better to get a new axle as mine only lasted a month then broke off again
Thanks.
I have to see if I can open the one from my other car. Otherwise it is going to be very expensive at a time of cash shartge.

Regards

....Cheaper, is not always cheerful mate, I honestly think you'd be better off replacing it, rather than it costing you more a couple of weeks down the track, not to mention next mot....

Thanks,

The reality is that I can not afford it! Replacing it is a labour intensive job, hence more money to be paid to garage. I can not do it myself. Have no proper tools and space.

I have an other one standing next to it which had a collision head on and parts can can be used on this one. Since there is no tools and expertise can not do that myself.

Anyway I will go a body work in the morning and ask how much they are going charge for each job. If the price difference is too much I will stick with welding.

Regards

I am at a garage and was told that it will not pass MOT if welded. I am afraid I have to change it.

I have a GX 1.3 R rege but do not know if it has ABS or not.

Can some some one help please?

Regards

that will probably depend on the spec hazara, and bear in mind that some of the ABS models had drum brakes eh
Very many thanks frank,

How do I find if mine (the one needs repairing ) has a drum brakes or otherwise?

Its a SE+ 1.4 2000. On this site its only says "ABS+Electronic Brake force Distributio"

Regards

you will see a caliper if its disc braked mate.
and a rotted axle often write,s the car off tbh, here,s an x reg drum brake one from my local yard (scrapped because of the axle)

axle.JPG

Very many thanks for everyone's participation and suggestions.

It seems I have to either replace the Axle or break the car. Breaking the car is out question while replacing the axle will cost me and at the moment I really can not afford it straight away.

However, to finance the repair, I have to break my other car which is a cat. c and in front of the house.

Since I don't know nothing about breaking, posting and pricing the parts and even the name of useful parts to be sold.

I would be gratefully and really looking forward to your advise, suggestions and help in one or the other. Please help.

Now, apart from a buy & Sell account what else do I need to break my car and sell ?
How/where to find the cheapest and reliable courier service?
How to go about with breaking the car?

Please help and advise, your help and advise is grately appreciated.

Regards

how bout SORN the car off the road to reduce running cost to a min and wait until you have enough saved to replace the axle?

an ABS axle will appear have a black cable trailing from both ends of the axle into the middle and up above the fuel tank.

how bout SORN the car off the road to reduce running cost to a min and wait until you have enough saved to replace the axle?

an ABS axle will appear have a black cable trailing from both ends of the axle into the middle and up above the fuel tank.
polly do you have one or two cars?

Very many thanks for everyone's participation and suggestions.

It seems I have to either replace the Axle or break the car. Breaking the car is out question while replacing the axle will cost me and at the moment I really can not afford it straight away.

However, to finance the repair, I have to break my other car which is a cat. c and in front of the house.

Since I don't know nothing about breaking, posting and pricing the parts and even the name of useful parts to be sold.

I would be gratefully and really looking forward to your advise, suggestions and help in one or the other. Please help.

Now, apart from a buy & Sell account what else do I need to break my car and sell ?
How/where to find the cheapest and reliable courier service?
How to go about with breaking the car?

Please help and advise, your help and advise is grately appreciated.

Regards
Mate bite the bullet and change the axle. I wouldn't let mt mrs off the drive in a car like that. If it has to be done, it has to be done.

polly do you have one or two cars?

back in 2010 I owned 2 k11, the original blue pollymobile I and the grey pollymobile II, swapped all the bits over and sold pollymobile I.

now I only have pollymobile II and using moms car at the mo for temporary travel while fixing her

Thanks pollyp. Its good to hear from you.

SORN is a good idea but the family really needs it.

I have to sell or break the other car I have to finance this one. Since I don't know the useful parts name and price, I need help with pricing the parts. A price that optimum/fair both for me and the buyer. The car to be broken is a GX 1.3 98 reg with 124k on the clock.

Any help and advice is really greatly appreciated.

Regards

Mate bite the bullet and change the axle. I wouldn't let mt mrs off the drive in a car like that. If it has to be done, it has to be done.

Thanks SirChris,

Yes I have to. I am thinking of braking the other car I have t finance this one. But I have to make the most of it. To do so I need to know of cheapest delivery/postal/courier service. Do you happen to o any? I understand you have broken/sold one. Since I don't know the price of parts, can you help on pricing the parts?

The other question is how to about it? Shall break then list it for sale or list and remove as it gets sold?

Any help and advice is really greatly appreciated.

Regards

If ypu post up some pictures of you car that your looking to break, i.e. interior, seats, dashboard, electric windows, engine bay etc, exterior, wheels, spoiler, bumpers then people on this forum will have an idea of what you have that you want to break to sell parts, and hopefully someon on this forum can help if they need anything for there car and this way hopefully you will get your other nissan back on the road properly!!! so post pictures Hazara!!!! thats the first port of call!

J

If ypu post up some pictures of you car that your looking to break, i.e. interior, seats, dashboard, electric windows, engine bay etc, exterior, wheels, spoiler, bumpers then people on this forum will have an idea of what you have that you want to break to sell parts, and hopefully someon on this forum can help if they need anything for there car and this way hopefully you will get your other nissan back on the road properly!!! so post pictures Hazara!!!! thats the first port of call!

J
Thank for the advice aplina,

ATM have not the privilege of posting pictures. I will post some pictures as soon I resolve that issue.

One more question: What shall with shell/unsellable parts?

RegardS

Hello every one,

A quick question:

Is it possible to use the a none ABS axle to replace an ABS with?

I was in salvage yard, and told that they can do it. They told they will open the drums and ABS mechanism and fit on to the none ABS one.

Please help it is doable

Regards

anything is technically possible but is a question of effort, money, resources, knowledge, time, quality, reliability etc etc

converting non-abs to abs axle won't be easy without compromising all of the factors listed above cos the non-abs axle won't have the hole & mounting feature for the sensor.

anything is technically possible but is a question of effort, money, resources, knowledge, time, quality, reliability etc etc

converting non-abs to abs axle won't be easy without compromising all of the factors listed above cos the non-abs axle won't have the hole & mounting feature for the sensor.

Very many thanks Paul,

I have found one with ABS and ordered it. I will arrive on, hopefully, Tuesday.

I have decided to repair my other car. Can you have a look at this video and suggest what do I have to do please. This video is done this morning.

I have removed the broken headlight and the bar supporting the bumper and pulled, hammered and whacked the panel around the headlight and the pane on top of radiator. I will upload a video as soon as my mobile is charged.

Here's the video after some work. Please advise. In particular I would like to know what parts to replace. Do I have to replace the area around the headlights?

Regards

heh, bolikin from your daughter eh :D the chassis legs look fine eh, just the bottom of the o/s one looks over a bit (big hammer job once the cross member is off)

heh, bolikin from your daughter eh :D the chassis legs look fine eh, just the bottom of the o/s one looks over a bit (big hammer job once the cross member is off)

Very may thanks frank,

Yes, she 4 years old and sometime quite bossy -:)

The next couple of questions:

1. How to get the cross member off? It is possible to do it myself?
2. Can I use a cross member from scrapyard?

BTW: Getting a rear axle with ABS is getting really difficult. I thinking, I might, with your guidance off course, finish repairing this one before the silver one.

Regards

The next couple of questions:
i saw that coming :)
there are a few threads concerning changing the cross member mate, you will have to drill and chisel yours off, and you will need the n/s headlamp panel and slam panel anyway (so buy the ebay one)

i saw that coming :)
there are a few threads concerning changing the cross member mate, you will have to drill and chisel yours off, and you will need the n/s headlamp panel and slam panel anyway (so buy the ebay one)
Thanks Frank,

I have just came back from the scrapy who late me down some how! :-(

I have got bonnet, bumper, engine support bar, caliper, radiator for £60. The headlight was of different type and there were no cross member of any position! The bumper has the screw holes broken ( I have just notice,) but the good point is that it is the same colour.

I will get drilling as soon as I can barrow a drill that is powerful enough to the drilling. I am counting on guidance all the way through.

I think I am going to buy the ebay one but the one without panels just to save few pennies!

The question is will get away with the old one?

Regards

Hi Hazara what sorta alloys do you have on your silver micra? I've jus seen one of them in your you tube clip it looks really nice. What car are they from? Whast size are they? Where did you get them from and how much did you pay? Do you have any for sale? Hows the rebuild going on the red micra? :) :) :) If anyone else knows about the wheels please advise as i'm after a set like them. Cheers !!

Back