Please help

its more accurate to measure 10 threads mate (then divide by 10 obviously) and you should weld that cut tbh, and also weld where the spotwelds were :)
Hi frank,

Need help please.

The radiator fan is working. I thought the one I got from scrapy was. But when I replaced with the working fan, its moving.

Plus I noticed that radiator is not warming does that the water pump is not working.

Please advise.

Regatds

the rad does,nt get any flow till the thermostat opens eh, is the heater warm ?
Thanks frank,

I have not turned the heater on. But the dashboard heat needle (if its called that) at the middle. Or in other-words it shows that engine is at operating temperature. I will try to turn on the heather tomorrow.

I tried to solder the broken part of the radiator, but the solder was sticking :(. What material is it make of? How to mend it? I can see the broken part where it is leaking.

Regards

not worth repairing surely ? borrow the 1.4 one maybe ?
Many thanks frank,

I am still using that one. Tied the pan-hard rode with a piece of wire and driving slowly.

I will go to the scrappy tomorrow and ask for a replacement, if not a refund.

Regard

not worth repairing surely ? borrow the 1.4 one maybe ?
Hi Frank,

Went to the scrappy and asked for replacement and got one which is working. Fitted and run the car for over 40 minutes to get to stage when the fan kicked in. Everything is fine so far. Glued the headlight and fitted that one as well.

I wanted to do the bleeding of brakes, but since I could not find a sealant for the tear in the tube of caliper, did not do it.

What type of sealant shall I use? Will super glue be okay? Or does it need a special one?

Please advise.

Regards

superglue will probably work ok, but its very brittle tho eh :)
Hi frank,

The red one is ready for MOT. Thanks to for all you help and advice. Here is the video.

Today I got the axle for silver one. Here is the video.

I need your advice on how to about it. What preparation do I need before putting it on? What oil/grease shall I use on it to keep the rust away for longer? Do I need to spray/paint? What about other rust treatment?

Regards

nice one mate :), and i would scrape the rust off first, then fit the axle, then just brush paint it afterwards.
then waxoil the whole underneath of the car

nice one mate :), and i would scrape the rust off first, then fit the axle, then just brush paint it afterwards.
then waxoil the whole underneath of the car
Very many thanks frank,

Some more question:

1. Would I be able to do myself or shall I take it to garage?

2. Is it very difficult?

3. What equipment do I need to do that my self?

Regards

diy it hakim :) a rough file will shift the rust (or a grinder if you want to pi## the neighbors off :D)
i would check that the bolts will turn ok, on the old axle first tho

diy it hakim :) a rough file will shift the rust (or a grinder if you want to pi## the neighbors off :D)
i would check that the bolts will turn ok, on the old axle first tho
Very many thanks frank,

What about fitting the axle? Do you think would I be able to do it myself?

What tools do I need?

Regards

i use a 50/50 mix of engine oil and shutz hakim, i find that shutz dries out and traps damp underneath (then lifts off eventually) but the oil seeps into the joins and keeps the shutz in a wax type state

i use a 50/50 mix of engine oil and shutz hakim, i find that shutz dries out and traps damp underneath (then lifts off eventually) but the oil seeps into the joins and keeps the shutz in a wax type state
very many thank frank,

What is shutz? Searched internet, could not find it.

Regards

Thanks frank,

So its a branded product from the category of under seal. Right?

Now what is the difference between rust treatment, under-seal and waxoil? Are they different terms for the same product or totally different products with different characteristics/application/purpose.

What is the value for money? Considering the price, durability, protection and ease of use/application.

Regards

Back