Please help breaking ...

Hello every one,

I really need your help in breaking my car. Since I don’t know much about the parts and other issues involved in breaking a car I would be looking forward to your help and advice.

Immediately three things comes to my mind i.e. environmental issues, parts (removing, storing, pricing and listing parts for sell) and posting. What other issues do I have consider?

What do I have to do about environmental issues?
Shall I remove parts first or remove it when sold?
How to price them?
What are the individual parts to be removed?
How to price the parts?

And finally does anyone know of reliable and relatively cheap postal service?

Please help me in breaking my car in the most optimum way.

A little about the car: It is 1.3 GX R reg (1998) in red colour. Had a head on collision that damaged front bumper, passenger side headlight, front-cross-member, radiator and the part immediately under the engine.

All your guidance, help, advice and suggestions are really greatly appreciated.

Regards

you could tell people to come remove themself.
Many thanks R-REG-SR for reply and suggestion. That is the very sensible thing to do or locals.
Hermes are the cheapest courier service for all your small stuff. They collect from your door, real simple.
Many thanks davyboy for suggestion. I have googled it and their website does not give details of pricing. Have you ever used them?

Regards

Couple of further questions please everybody:

What tools do I need to break the car?
What are the name of useful parts to list?

Can some one help me list and price the useful parts. The pricing has to be both fair and not giveaway.

Regards

either look at previous sale threads or just sell for what you feel happy with and accept that ignorance is bliss. If you're going to break a car you should get yourself a decent ish tool kit anyway: a set of spanners (open one end ring the other), an adjustable spanner, socket set, allen keys, screwdrivers, pliers w/sidecutter etc.

Many thanks R-REG-SR for reply and suggestion. That is the very sensible thing to do or locals.

Many thanks davyboy for suggestion. I have googled it and their website does not give details of pricing. Have you ever used them?

Regards
Hello Hazara. I work for them - anything up to 2 kilo's + a generous size limit is - I believe £2:95p. Just add it on the price you sell at.;)

Back