Planning a small road trip

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
Hi all,

I decided a few days ago I wanted a small holiday. Found 2 mates who were also looking for a break from the day to day drag and wham, now we're planning a trip.

Plan so far is to hit the southern most point of australia, visit a few memorials (including drive the great ocean road), throw stones at the mitsubishi manufacturing plant, egg nissan head office for short changing us with sporty cars, try and not get owned by the various lebanese gangs in victoria along with a few other things. :p

Best part of it is that the cheapest way to do it will be to drive the micra! Having a bit of a test fit tomorrow to see if the gear we're planning on taking will fit. Hopefully it should be all good otherwise we'll have to upgrade to dave's surf and that'll mean it'll cost us at least an extra $150 each to pay for the extra fuel it uses. On the other hand its large interior means space to pick up the hot german hitchhiking twins.... lol

Anyway I thought i'd throw it out in the hope for any suggestions. I thought about driving through NSW with plenty of maroon flying off the car but realised that wouldnt work while driving a blue car. Plus I think I want to get to get past lismore without being attacked.

Also I guess its prior warning that I might want to drop in on some fellow micra owners!

As you can see I'm fairly excited. I can only hope it all goes ahead. Probably some time in late Jan/early Feb at this stage.

Merry Christmas folks

CMF_Family Hack

» CMF Member
If you are going that far south you might as well point the car west when you hit Melbourne and visit the Micra owners in Perth. Willing to put you up for the duration and organise a Micra meet. East meets west kinda thing. Come on it is not that far!

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
Righteo well basically we're going south from brisbane, through sydney, down to the southern most point of australia then melbourne and the great ocean rd. ALl along coast roads basically. From there we're heading back inland through various national parks, australian alps, ACT, bathurst and then onwards to home.

More detailed routes and dates to come. Hopefully we can catch up with a few southern members.. Take us out and show us the town/nightlife or something.

Back