Micra road trip

CMF_fred

» CMF Member
this coming week end me n me mate (who I owe big now) will share driving duties next weekend to collect smidges pre-prepared project shell.

Road trip from murwillumbah to sydney return.

It'll be a long two days since I will have also done the deliveries for work (460km round trip) on the friday before leaving.....

Project micra ev about to start.... Any names for her would be good... any colour people could suggest.. make any suggestions as appropiate or otherwise. I will post a thread of progress like turbo (I think it might be in the garage as long)

CMF_fred

» CMF Member
nah, taken the wifes rolla and a mates car trailer.... preliminary design specs will be AC induction motor around 40-60kw (max 150kw) ultra capacitors, lithium batteries... minimal interior, coil overs and white line suspension, n14-16 gearbox with vlsd, range around 150-200km.... prob roller it, i was impressed with the quality of finish achieved....

CMF_daily_ricer

» CMF Member
ghetto LX-trick

It's an LX right?

I'd been imaging how an ev Micra would go for a while. I always loved the name "ghetto LX-trick" if I was going to go the real budget look. I.e. as you are describing fred, super low on stockie steel rims, pizza cutter style low rolling resistance tyres, stripped interior, cheap matt finish paint job etc... Something along the lines of how Dodgy Haro's car looks, but rather than a black or carbon fibre bonnet, cover the bonnet in that flexible solar panel sheeting stuff for a slow trickle charge when it's parked in the sun. <a href="http://www.hotofftheshelf.com.au/solar.shtml">Hotofftheshelf.com.au/solar</a>. There are better examples of this, but it was the first one to come up on google.

If you promise to give us a decent "how too" along with templates for the motor to gearbox mounting plate, battery boxes etc, the name is yours lol.

Or there is Micra-Watt, as opposed to Mega-Watt etc, I am sure there are others...

CMF_fred

» CMF Member
don't really won't to do a rat rod that's dodgies domain... maybe something along the lines of clean and classic with a few mods as I've posted before.... I like the flexi solar thing... be novel looking carbon looking thing but not...

I'd be happy to give patterns and stuff up to the forum but that would be some standardisation of design...like exa vlsd gearbox and a particular motor, controller, battery type and stuff.... I guess If I build it, they will come.......

more work needed on the names thou almost like lxtric...

smidge

» CMF Member
the journey continues

Attachments

• 40211.jpg
    40211.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 38

CMF_fred

» CMF Member
wow....i was wondering if anyone saw me..... yeah, everyone's busy, hay. howd u go? ... hay mr deepF, evie is an easy name, i'd like to go a little more obscure or meaningful, if you know what I mean

CMF_sportsclassic

» CMF Member
fred WROTE:

"wow....i was wondering if anyone saw me..... yeah, everyone's busy, hay. howd u go? ... hay mr deepF, evie is an easy name, i'd like to go a little more obscure or meaningful, if you know what I mean

My Dad had a go at the rallysprint with his evo, he had a few problems but finished ok. I was navagating for the day, i did it just to learn the track more. The track is only 3.5k's long but has 35 bends... I wanted to drive our Micra but need to put some more ponys under the hood.. ;)

Back