Road trip - New arrival March ST (well old now)

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Road trip - New arrival March ST

weather

Hope it all goes to plan tomorrow Ed, keep us posted with the progress.

Kev :)

well i got back from the computer job at 10, and i have just come in from outside, and the car is pretty much finished, except for a few small things. And a few others that will have to wait untill after donny. The car should now be MOT ready and thats what im going to do first thing in the morning. Today was insane I did so much i dont even know where to start. I dont think either I ahve been in before 2 am all week so much has been done is mad lol

Sounds like you just performed a mirical ed!
Well done, take loads of pics at donny, im still working on becoming a full member!

good luck with the MOT Ed, let us know how it does!

Nice on man!! Glad to see you've got it ready.
Let us know how you get on with the MOT, and will be looking forward to seeing it at donny.
:kungfu:

excellent news, i hope there are plenty of pics from donny.

good luck with the mot

Well took the st for a drive today and it was asfull overfueling more than the afr meter could even read. I fiddled with it for hours and finally at 6.15 PM got it through an mot. The car is still not running well so im going to change the ECU loom to see if it solved the problem as I really cant think what else it could be. (Tried 3 ecus 3 airflow meters and everything else under the sun. SOO ANNOYED. Still it has an MOT now all I need is road tax.

Ed

well at least its road legal! any final pictures?!

As everyone who went to donny will know now I did make it to donny and the ST is running fine now. I just need to finish the paintwork and I can now relax. I shall add photos of it soon. The main part of this project has now pretty much finished!

any updates since Donny Ed? I know you said you only have paintwork to finish but I don't believe for a second you left it at that! Plus for the 0-60 to be 6.7 you must have done some more stuff!

Been too busy to think really. I still need to finish a few things. Im going to get a new exhaust for it. Im after a 2.5 inch straight through. The car has been running fine, and boost has slightly been increased. I took it to my usual place to have a go at some 0-60s. Now i am used to it and I know it wont break I got several of 7.0x sec and couple high 6's my best being 6.7. I know its capable of less than that too as there was loads of wheel spin.

:)

Ed

Thats Crazy!
Just out of interest mate - how is it your recording the 0 - 60 times?

Using a G tech always at the same location under the same conditions. i.e. dry level straight etc. First attempts when the ST was totally standard gave results of around high 7 low 8's. I have tested loads of cars on it now, its pretty accurate by all accounts.

i saw in this baby in the flesh yesterday, absolutly mint!!!

Cheers :)

Hey ed, just wondering if there are any pics of the silver ST finished now?
Now im a full member i can see them :p

here you go.

some pics taken at Donny, although Ed wasn't finished and still had some more work to do on it.

Kev

Expect to see more happening here soon!!! ;)

Ed has reserected a 1.5 year thread, lol!!!

Oooh can't wait to see Ed, just remember you've got to put some time into my car at some point in the future 2 ;)

Hahahahaha that happened when we moved from MyBB to vBulletin. I just burst out laughing when I saw that! Work think i'm strange now!

lol no this is his Silver one - this thread is from when he went to pick it up when it was still white! hehe :)

Pic removed! Im just planning out a course of action. I need to get daves out of the way first really. But I can do some minor bits to mine at the same time. I need to pull out the engine and do an inspection.

Ed

Ok so started with the replacement back bumper today. I didn't realise it was as tatty as it actually is, and has been bodged in the past so I had to then remove the old filler and start again. Its not particularly nice having to fill bumpers as to get a hidden crossover is almost impossible.

Anyway, as it stands at the moment, the bumper now has its first layer of primer on to allow me to see what needs doing better (anything you see in the primer will be twice as bad once the final layer is on.)

So here is a few pics of this evenings work (not including the primered one as thats drying):

Attachments

• IMG_2032.jpg
    IMG_2032.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 349
  • IMG_2029.jpg
    IMG_2029.jpg
    147.2 KB · Views: 389
I got a new headgasket today (hopefully the last of the problems) I also got something else for it. But I'm not telling what for now, as its quite likely that it may not do as I intend at the moment. :)

Haha! That was a most excellent road trip......and how little grey hair I have :p

Reactions: Ed
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back