Road trip - New arrival March ST (well old now)

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Road trip - New arrival March ST

£35 for 4 door pins and 8 caps. On the bright side my 4 speed micra L gearbox siezed on me on the way to nissan so I had to be towed back. I now need to change that or I have no transport.

Ed

not suprised ed from what mike tells me its a miracle the car moves anyway lol

3 hours since i started - haha that K10 L is fully functional again. 'New' box fitted and the car is back to normal. Hmm im going to eat some tea then do some work on the doors for the ST :)

Ed

Not too much progress the last few days doh :( Mainly hidden bits and bobs but it keeps raining on me lol! However I am beginning to assemble the interiour of the ST now :) and will post pics later.

Ed

Polish :)

thouhjt u hadscuffed it :O was gonna say
noooooooooooooo

not after al the work

Just got in, I have taken appart the inlet manifold (OMG there is alot to that) and cleaned and sprayed it. I have also taken off the cam cover sprayed that too. The casting on it is terrible so ive made the paint extra thick in an attempt to make it look smooth. It does already look ALOT better though. I had to sand blast alot of it just so that the finish was half decent. And finally I have also sprayed some of the engine mounts. I shall finish the rest soon but I can nearly start putting the engine backtogether soon.

Ed

Cam cover and inlet manifold are now sprayed.

[attachment=581]

Compared to how it did look..

[attachment=582]

just a mild improvement then :p looks the biz mate youll be able to sell this car as new when its done lol

Ok I spent the rest of the day cleaning and reassembling the inlet manifold. This is infact probably the most complex bit to the engine. Pics below.

As it was.
[attachment=586]

After:
[attachment=587]
[attachment=588]

i must say Ed, you really are doing the club proud with this project!

Thanks, hopefully I'll write up a restoration project on it which may interest/inspire others :)

Today I hope to get most of the engien back together. Which should soon mean it can go back into the car.

Ed

More..

Engine is mostly back together now (see pics), and the dash is back in the car. Engine will go in towards the end of the week once the doors have been done. Did quite alot of engine stuff today. Youll just have to see the pics. I also noticed for the first time that the 1.2 blocks are about 0.5 inches taller than the 1.0 blocks. Never noticed that before. Came across that when I tried to fit a Ma12 timing belt.

Ed

looks nice ED
know from personal experiance it can be time consuming getting the nooks and crannies clean.
and you know i like prettyful engines too.

few tad bits of overspray;) as you would tell me also. which you wont most prob be able to see ne ways once engine is back together!!
keep it goping ED.10 days left

nice :D, have you had a look at the gearbox internals to see what sort of condition they are ed?

What not to do to an old MA engine ;):
http://www.micra.org.uk/videos/hammer!.wmv

Always time for a bit of fun at Eds! :D

Wayne that overspray was removed after the photos were taken. Its true it will be hidden, but its not there at all now!

Lookin good Ed, hopefully all shall be finished for Donny!

Getting there..

I may finally have the last of all the bodt work spraying done today (appart from the boot).

Ed

looking good ed glad to sdee it coming together!!!
so does it mean that the ST will be there.
is the actuall engine running ok!!!

Wayne I hope so. I ___SHOULD__ have the engine in this weekend. We shall see if that goes to plan. Everything so far has taken twice as long as expected.

Ed

excellent progress really pleased its coming along so well.

good luck with the engine too

Both doors are on now and the engine is back in, still lots to do, and i need to re-do the boot but its getting there......

Ed

[attachment=629]
[attachment=630]
[attachment=631]

might have already been asked, but are those K11 side repeaters?

Yes, the ST has the K11 fittings for side repeaters instead of the K10s :)

Good old useless bit of information there :)

Yep i believe they are! big ugly things imo

Better than the cheap stick on tat you can get :) and they are nismo too!

I also forgot to mention, I got my insurance yesterday. £780 with no ncb and 6 points as all my ncb is on the red micra.

Ed

I was just wondering last night whether you'd arranged insurance yet. Got the MOT booked yet? :)

3 points in 2002 which I accept and 3 in may last year which im 100% sure was a set up. I was apparently doing 94 mph in my red micra which even by the speedo doesnt make 90 unless off a cliff grrrrr

Yeah, can't wait to see this at Donny now!!! Its looking quite impressive. :D MSC stand should be looking a little better this year at least hopefully lol. :)

PRESSURE ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. Engine is still not running yet, none of the front lights are in, and the interiour is in bits. I want to take it for an MOT tomorrow. Time is rnning out!

Well im pretty peed off now. Its rained on me all day, which has made slow progress. The car is back on its wheels and the engien is running. STILL no MOT and the intiour is still in bits. The weather is making really hard work of this its very annoying. Im soaked through and have been all day. Im going to check the weather for donny, because I really dont fancy spending all weekend in the rain as well.

Ed

Unlucky mate. I know the feeling though, I been working out in it today also and also had uni work to do. Its gunna have to be an early start for me tomorrow too as I still got lots to do. Hope everything looks up for you anyway bud. :)

Ed said:
Well im pretty peed off now. Its rained on me all day, which has made slow progress. The car is back on its wheels and the engien is running. STILL no MOT and the intiour is still in bits. The weather is making really hard work of this its very annoying. Im soaked through and have been all day. Im going to check the weather for donny, because I really dont fancy spending all weekend in the rain as well.

Ed
Need a hand tomorrow? I might be able to get off work a bit earlier if it helps :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back