Road trip - New arrival March ST (well old now)

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Road trip - New arrival March ST

I sure hope so!!!!! I'm spending enough time on it!

Ok more update :) engine bay is now in primer..

Next is to put the front wings back on and then back to work on the rest of the car getting it in the final coat of primer :)

Ed

this is starting to get very exciting your certainly not wasting time ed, go ed go ed go ed :D

tell you what ED if we both get these ddone in time for DONNY i will really liek this.

as i know for a fact your gonna examine the car as if your all mighty inspector :p
as i will yours also. so it BETTER be top notch:p

but seriously hope it is done and i HOPE finges craossed the V5 comes back in time also. would be massive blow if it wasnt.

and i hope to god mine will be done in time also. i know im gonna be up LATE in weeks to come:S

i did origianlly have it planned for it to be mid prep stage for spraying at this time. but unfortunatly more and more things keepo cropping up. but major work has been done to get it some were near
so hopefully it will be done. HOPEFULLY

yeah too tired to say much pic says it all..

[attachment=440]

Ok well i spent 6 hours the other night spraying the sides and rear. It went wrong, and needs to be all redone (wasted £40 paint in the process) I have now done the roof to a stage I will just about accept for the time being, but I may redo it given the time and £ before donny. I have started again on the sides and the back is done. After both sides are complete the shell will be done and can be removed from the garage whenre I can then complete the doors :)

Ed

V5 arrived today, its now in my name. I have sent it off again though with the new colour on it haha :)

Anyway here is a recent pic.

[attachment=526]

Coming along nicely Ed!!! :D Hard to tell what colour it is with that weird paint thing lol, but it looks kool all the same. :) Can't wait to see it finished. :D

any latest tonight?

and damn i want to see this car as a whole, very impressed with the work. cant wait to see no mask on it and all freshly painted panels.

I had to show this check out my spray suit hahahaha More will come on the car soon... :)

[attachment=532]

Ed said:
I had to show this check out my spray suit hahahaha More will come on the car soon... :)

[attachment=532]

LMFAO SUPER ED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pics say a thousand words...

[attachment=535]

[attachment=536]

Looks fantastic again Ed!!! :D Its great seeing a car such as that been brought back to life. Great stuff. :D

Its getting there :) Im cautiusly pleased now i wont be totally happy until its all flatted back and I can relax that its all ok
Ill add more later haha :)

very very very impressed with that, you can see so much detail in the paint too, its like glass i love it, have you started the ST kit yet or is that next on the list? i bet it looks unreal in the flesh too, all brand spanking new and fresh. very good choice in colour it will definitely turn some heads.

That looks fan bloody tastic mate.. very impressed!

More> the dull section is where i have sanded but not polished it will be shiny (not that it will be seen anyway)

Looking really good mate, will be watching closely to see how this gets on!
Titch :kungfu:

To be honest Wayne, I have done the car for me - I dont care (in the nicest possible way) what others think :) Also I'm pleased if the car will cause a bit of controvsey. Thats exactly what I wanted. To me that means its different :) :) Oh and today I sprayed the boot, this should be on tomorrow (sunday), and I have ordered door pins and bushes. These will arrive tuesday by then I wish to have both doors complete. After that all that will be left will be the body kit.

Who hoo im getting there.

P.s. hows your project coming wayne? Are you going to make it for donny?

Ed

Attachments

• IMG_4851.jpg
    IMG_4851.jpg
    144.9 KB · Views: 359
  • IMG_4852.jpg
    IMG_4852.jpg
    155 KB · Views: 387

aslong as evrything goes to plan then yes should be there. though my lights are still yet to come from germany :S not good

bonnet is sorted now i think.!! a few bits left tomorrow then its a simple mattter of smoothing the lot down. poolly'ing the full car and sealing it. may well barrier the lot aswell. give it a good clean surface to go on. ill be spraying the engine bay this week also. as i gonna do summit else before it goes in for spraying with the body colour. just to seal a few places.

then all that would require is for the car to go in later on next week. (may be taking it in the garage to spray. undecided. depending on weather cos at the moment it is boiling up here!! :)

then everything to be installed!! engine interior etc. then off to powerflow a few days before donny to get the exhaust fitted!! which is a bit more extremem than first planned but we shall see how it goes!!

---------------

regarding your motor.
it not that i dont like the car. or the job you have done. it simply as we were talking about colours for our motors many moons ago. i simply dont like silver cars!!

i hated my gxs that was silver. was horid colour!!

im sure you will have do an excellent job and the finish is top aswell.
simply becuase i know u. but

i simply dont like the colour.lol

i thought you were gonna give it tahat extra little touch???
not going for that then!!

well have to catch up one night. not talked in a while. mostly because were both out back orking on motors till rediculous times :blush:

Here is the latest. Wiring looms back in and a boot. The steering rack has also been cleaned and I tested a paint colour which will be the scheme for under the bonnet,

Ed

im seriously impressed ed for a first go the finished article is amazing, i see it didn't take long to get an MSC sticker on there :p perhaprs you can resray my car next :p

The sticker was on the boot anyway! It will be changed for a silver one soon.
I hope to have new fuel lines in by the end of the day (I need to get them first!)

So you hoping to have it all ready and running for Donny mate?

yes I beleive i am now on target, but im seriously short of cash. (Inbetween jobs at the mo) Lession 1: never work with an unreliable contractor. Providing I get stuff sorted out I dont see any reason why I wont be there :)

Ed

good to hear!!

glad one of us feels they are on schedule!!
im relying on 2 different people to guarentee till be finished. which i dont like!!

need to get soem stuff done this week like seriously. so its a few hours after work needed. not good after 13 hour days.

hope its done ED seriosly. imm not gonna bother with the engine since after donyn it will be all comign back out ne ways. so i can complete the ga16. :)

though. im contemplating leavign it ill june time. and enjoying the looks for a month or so ;)

I had to get new fuel lines this morning. Which i have to BEND my self :s And have also found a window rubber for £45 (nissan is 75) and £20 to be fitted.

16 days to go to donny OH MY GOD.

Ok well time really is beginning to run out. All the engine ancillaries were taken of the engine today, and the block was cleaned down. I have the paint to respray the alloys and I resprayed the slam panel below the windscreen (4th time) that bit really attracts the dust. I also resprayed the lower rear 1/4 panel I am hoping I can cut this in and all will be well. I have started spraying various engine components. Such as the brake servo, brackets and also other bits and bobs.

Tomorrow (today) the windscreen will be fitted, and I will have the new door pins and other various clips. So, after the windscreen is fitted I will most probably spray the four wheel arch trims and the rear bumper. That way I can get the back of the car done and out of the way (all going well) I want to make various checks to the engine - I have a spare headgasket so the head may come off for checks, most definately the block will get a new waterpump and cambelt. I also need to refit the rear lights and other things at the rear. I'm undecided what turbo I will fit yet. I need to decide this quite soon. I may actually just keep with the standard one. Since its a known quantity. Infact yes the decision has just been made. I will move the lambda sensor however, and I shall check both the exhausts systems from both STs and pick which ever one is in better condition. Its going to be a damn busy time for the next few weeks. I'm beginning to seriously worry.

Ed

Windscreen is now in. Should have one of the doors on today as well as spraying half the bodykit...

good luck ed!! less time on msc and more work ;)

Brake pipes and steering rack are now back in the car. See below :)

still looking superb Ed! am loving the detail you are putting into everything. can you realistically see it being done by donny? i'll keep everything crossed for you anyway!

Yes I can, 16 days left it just feels slow progress, It would take 2 days mechanically to get it all together. But its slow as im cleaning and painting everything as I go. I'm being delayed a bit by the fact I dont have door pins yet. I am waiting for them to arrive at nissan, without them the doors cannot go on. I really want them on the car so I can spray them properly from the outside (I can do the inside of the doors whilst they are off the car. Tonight I am going to spray as much of the body kit as I can. I hope to at least get the rear bumper rear wheel arch trims and side skirts done. I am still unhappy with the boot, but it may just have to do for the moment. It is ok - ive seen worse its just not as good as i want it. Also, I need to spray the alloys these I may also do tonight. Its all the fiddily stuff the main problem is I have to mix paint each time I change to another type. This is a pain especially when its small bits Im spraying.

I think I may even do the alloys now :)

Ed

ive just notice about the window rubber ed ive got one in my garage brand new which i payed £5 for on ebay :p if you had mentioned you could have had that one :p doh!

I forgot about that. I remember seeing that too. Oh well. I have all the body kit in primer now, door pins have arrived at nissan so I shall get them soon. Means I can now finish the doors, which will be nice. After the body kit, there is really not THAT much to do appart from engine stuff.

V5 arrived today. It now say SILVER !!! and nissan have the door pins ill pick them up soon.

Ed

great stuff Ed, can't wait to see it in the flesh.

how much were the door pins mate i could prob do with changing mine :)

Attachments

• IMG_4856.jpg
    IMG_4856.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 279
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back