trip meter

jabran200

Ex. Club Member
I want to know if i can add a trip meter to my 1.0 l micra as it doesnt have one. Basically i think my micra is only giving my 29 MPG. i worked out that if i drive to college which is approx 16 miles one way (confirmed it via aa routeplanner as its the exact same way) so 32 miles per day.
I fill up about 25 litres (thats what it costs me per week £25 quid give or take a litre) so

32*5=160 miles a week
http://www.eforecourt.com/calc_mpg.htm says i get 29.10 mpg.

basically my micra should give me at least 40mpg. I drive in low revs etc and sensibly so i dont understadn why its so rubbish. Want a trip meter as i'm gettin paranoid that i might be doing more miles or sumfin lol.

I assume you have an early model Micra, in which case you can pick one up from any pre facelift Micra in a scrappy, but the odometer will be wrong. However with a bit of fiddling you can change that to the same as yours.

James.

fill the tank to the neck (so no more will go in), trip the milage, drive a week or so, go to the petrol station fill upto the neck again, record the milage record the litres of petrol needed to fill it, do the following:

litres x 4.54 = gallons.
miles / gallons = mpg

simple accurate average reading

Back