• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Photo's of Members K11's

is the original carbon fiber

558704_294950280577389_261787235_n.jpg

I do love my old shed... gave her some love and re sprayed the wing that was rusting I want to slam her but its either ****e ride quality or a bloody expense. .

Attachments

• 1367149723421.jpg
    1367149723421.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 433

Assuming this worked this is my K11 in all it's glory. Not much to look at I admit when you see some of the offerings but it's mine and in a strange way I love it. Needs a wash though :D.

jROhGWT.jpg

Keeping it pretty stock at the moment, looking for a new front drivers wing as mines become a bit rusty. Found 2 'inspirations' of the same year at a scrappy in a similar/same colour, they should be a perfect match right? Might get some black trims with the blue outline as well as ripping out/painting the front vents. Great little car, only a few 'non-issues' so far. Only got it as a runaround but loving it so far.

Ive got chopped rears, rides nice, matches fronts. :D

yeh its a free way but i want to do it properly. dont want to be facing future problems like getting a new mot and having to change the springs etc just to get it through. chuck on some 6n rear colies and leave it be. gotta drop the perch on the matiz legs aswell.

yeh its a free way but i want to do it properly. dont want to be facing future problems like getting a new mot and having to change the springs etc just to get it through. chuck on some 6n rear colies and leave it be. gotta drop the perch on the matiz legs aswell.
With corsa b rear shocks you wont have to change cut springs for MOT and the way you're planning you'll have a very stiff rear and a soft compliant front o_O

With corsa b rear shocks you wont have to change cut springs for MOT and the way you're planning you'll have a very stiff rear and a soft compliant front o_O
man's got a point... matiz compared to polo coilies will be a big difference... you never know though you might like it! meant to be softer over the driving wheels anyway to keep them on the floor more. I think you'll find (as i did with a rock solid rear briefly) that the rear wont roll much and you'll get a slightly tail happy car in the wet, but it will turn in well and be more responsive in general.

Softer springs make the car have more grip, but when you enter a corner the suspensio has to load up before you have the full weight of the car of the tyres on the car giving grip. A twisty course will see you better with a stiffer spring and/or anti roll bar to minimise the time taken for the weight to shift from one side to the other

Yeah I just meant on the road that when my front end was soft with the rear rock solid it handled like a go kart, oversteering off roundabouts in the wet was hilarious fun :) micra drift ftw!

na i defo not going down that route. want a stiff ride not a bouncy one like people said you get with chopped ones.
Shocks take the bounce out eh :) springs are all 'springy'. Imo (many differing views on the net) cut springs are stiffer, or so the maths would suggest.

Family owned since new 97/8 Passion came to an unhappy end recently.

Ouch

Replaced this week with....................

Needs a gear return spring but is otherwise a solid little FNSH Celebration.

Some very cool looking K11's on here.

Ouch

:O hope you're ok!
Sorry about your car
Hate to say it but I prefer the new one :) much nicer color :)
Chloe
X

Ouch

Is that an old Scirocco behind it? That yours too??

Its that micra disease again

... I like it too :oops:

Cheers :) It's been my pride and joy for some years now. It's a car that makes people happy just by looking at it :D

Actually, I had had it only for few hours (I just bought it from my customer to whom I built it) when a Norwegian business man, quite hangoverish one, asked for a lift in it. I took him to the city centre to recover and boy'oh'boy was he having great time. He opened the window, put his elbow out, turned the volume up on the stereo and enjoyed himself fully. He said, this is better than his Porche back in home :D :D No need to say, I laughed quite hard :D

Back