people SUCK :(

Layla

Deactivated Account
ok, just finished a long shift, and thought sod it im having a bottle of wine. so went into the shop, went to the counter and the guy asked me for ID. i thought hmm im 21 next year you edited but never mind and got out my passport. and he goes "thats not you" im like -_- and hes like "thats not you in the photo, im not serving you" and then started to serve the guy in the burberry hat behind me who i know for a fact is 16 because hes in my little sisters form class!!!

grr!!!

Should have asked him to buy it for you, as for matey behind the counter, he's only doing his job and in his view saving himself a £2,000 fine...

But i do understand your point, very anoying indeed!

but i showed him my passport!!! with my picture on it!!! what more do they want? DNA samples? the guy behind me DEFFO didnt look 18

D4R73N said:
Maybe he was a friend of your ex....lol jokin...

Or he was just being an ass...

lol funny but dont worry about it too much we all get knocked back some day kinda abit odd having a passport on u tho isnt it...

i got id'd for fuel the other week there, I stepped out of my car, fueled up and then went to pay with my visa and the woman behind the counter asked for ID, i was like for one im driving which means i must be over 17, two i have a visa which means i must be over 18, if you dont want me to pay for my fuel i wont, it will save me £20 lol then she accepted my plea!

Daz :alien:

Its ok Layla I went to Amsterdam and the customs guy didnt think it was me on the passport..they called someone else over and pulled me to one side while they got advice on what to do! I felt a right ### the funny think was it was a new passport I had got for going there and it was only taken a couple of month before.

Im 22 and have been asked for id at the petrol station! i flipped! i said it my car their for im over 17 and ive had it from new! they are all EDITED This was a few years back now. think i was 20 at time

If they're in any doubt then they obviously have the right to not serve you. Its annoying, ive been there myself, but Darren makes a valid point about them avoiding the fine - however that doesnt explain why he served the ned behind you!

Anyway, i remember my sister got ID'd for a pizza cutter in wilkinson's when she was 23, and the age limit is 16!! LOL. You can barely cut pizza with those things anyway - and my mate who's 29 at the time got ID'd to get into a nightclub...

It happens! its embarrasing, but we cant do anything about it. They shouldnt doubt a passport, maybe you should get a proof of age card?

i got served one day for alcohol by the bird working in spar... the next day i went in for a lottery ticket an she ID'ed me!!! Wheres the sense in that???

I take it as a compliment now lol!!!!

But didn't u have student ID anyway Manda?!!! And if he seriously thought u had a fake passport u should have told him to call the police, that would have shut him up!!!

they don't take student ID, just passports and driving licences. Around here, they don't even take them proof of age cards, but they are supposed too. I think if they don't take that you can report them now or something.

I had a similar experiance in tesco, because i was dressed all tatty from working on the car and my hair was down she ID'd me for alcohol, so i just left it all on the counter for the her to sort out and walked away as she was bleeting on :D

Back