i love meeting nice people

quickdraw

Ex. Club Member
well met a kool guy today!
was over at a very well known welding place near me (big family run business for years)
well i was asking about custom manifolds etc. when they said they dont really go into that field, BUT the guy said "come with me". then hollared he would be back in 5 to the other guys.
i was like o_O

ne ways off we set walking, and the guy starts talking telling me this guy is stupid crazy. give him ne thing and hell make the thing whistle etc.lol

im liking already.

ne ways. down a side street of an industrial estate just a few minutes down the road. come up to these big iron gates ( looking like the gates of hell), cue big mofo rotweiler behind etc. guy shouts up. "Yo, neil. you there"
so ne ways guy hollas back and grabs the dog shots him through the back place. opens the big gates.
simply says "think this guy needs your assistance" and just walks away. lol fwn
by this time im down a side street and now alone with some random "crazy guy"
so he says whats up. im like well "i was looking at having a customer exhaust made OR replicated (since i have dans car in at mo ;))
ne ways he like ah, well see i dont do my own exhausts ,i get a guy to do mine for me i just do everything else. im like "everything else" he like yeah, here. so off we walk into his shed.

:eek: is me. when i see 3 autograss class 10's customer built karts.
1: running twin r1 motorbike engines
1: running 1600 vauxhall engine
!: running 1200 corsa engine (built for his son who turns 12 in september :wow:)

im like "sweet, you build all these?" he "yup"
taking me through all his own custom brake setups. through fitting motorbike brakes to each corner.
this guy just starts reeling off everything and anything about custom building these "cars" im stood listening for over an hour :eek:
went through my car etc about what im looking to do what ive done etc. and about me trying to set the business up what not.

he like hmm seems like i could help ya out . :love:
each of the grass monsters including the r1 twin engined wheelie hopping 340 bhp 400kg "cage"
is looking the business and welded all up by the "welding fabricator" himself.
amazing things they were. talking about my rear disc conversion he like yeah pee easy.. here.
if you do this this this and that. then just need some rear disc calipers from whatever it may be that already has rear discs (pulsaR ;))

so he like yeah well when time comes give me a shout ill have a look for ya.
sweet . as i was leaving i was like :glance:
you dont happen to do road/roll cages do ya?

he like "yeah if ya need one". so im liike well yeah im looking at it. i was gonna been my own etc.
he like kool.
he said well for a cpl of hundred he'll build me one to my own speck my own design the works. and he'll bend the lot weld it all in etc basically build me a full autograss approved roadcage, all welded in for £200. not bad AT ALL.
so i was happy and content with that. i started to talk to him about how he managed to get both engines running side by side etc.
and found some very informative information to say the least.
well i have MORE ideas for the beast now aswell due to him. and alot more ideas cleared up aswell.

but generally they guy was a star, anything i wanted to know etc he simply said how to do things secrets of how things are done etc etc. never kept one thing secret (so that i had to go to him to get it done so to speak) just openly shared info. which was top class in my books.

to top it off had a little blast in the 1600 powered "kart" ooh the power through such a small little thing :blush:
creaming

top class bloke indeed

Back