Hi people! New to the board

A

Anima

Hello everyone, im new to this board, i hope to enjoy your pleasentries about the cute little nissan micra. I thought i would introduce myself a little

Im 19 and am learning to drive.I go to uni and im studying business management (i will be in my second year in september).I have not got a car as of yet. But my dad knows a friend of his that can buy a car from for £100.

L reg micra LX, approx 100,000miles, Red(bright red, not the dark red colour), 3door.

thats about as much that i know about the car so far.Is this milage rather high? Its japanese, so should be really reliable. Ontop of this, my dad is 50 and has been a mechanic all his life (the majority being self employed in his own garage).
He now works for one of the nationwide auto centres which gives him a halfords trading card that gets him massive discounts off car parts (60%onwards). Coupled with his extensive knowledge, and his lifetime experience of repairing/servicing and now MOTing cars, i should be in a good position right?

At first i was abit skeptical about a micra,mainly because right now, i really like the toyota starlet SR. But the way i see it, he is buying me a car for £100, instead of me spending £1000+ on a starlet, i think im saving quite alot.
Ive seen just a couple of all your cars, and i have to say, theyre looking great, and i hope to making my micra(lets hope) as nice as all yours!:laugh: :k11motors

Hello and welcome!!! :D

So basicly, for fraud's, we give u the money and your dad will get it for us right?!!!!! :p

Btw; is it a k10 or k11?!!!

huh? What do u mean for frauds. Its a friend of his that is selling the car. Its a K11 the mk2 version (before they made it look ugly)

ohhhh rite, haha. If my dad does manage to get me the car, first thing im going to do is get a nice enough stereo system that has an auxillery port, or phono to phone aux port.Im at uni so my student loan is coming in on monday. I get £1900. Between then and 30th may(my last exam), i will budget as much as i can on food, living costs etc.. so that i can have as much money as possible for the summer, and hopefully, making the micra more to my tastes.

Anima said:
ohhhh rite, haha. If my dad does manage to get me the car, first thing im going to do is get a nice enough stereo system that has an auxillery port, or phono to phone aux port.Im at uni so my student loan is coming in on monday. I get £1900. Between then and 30th may(my last exam), i will budget as much as i can on food, living costs etc.. so that i can have as much money as possible for the summer, and hopefully, making the micra more to my tastes.

Be sure to keep us updated

yeap, will do, lets hope that my dad manages to buy me that micra for £100. If he doesnt get me that, god knows what else he might get me.
My dad bought my older bro a old grey escourt mk2 for £250 i think, but he didnt want it, so my dad sold it off again.

by the way you guys, how to i upload my avatar and edit my signature? I cant find the option anywhere

oh yeah!! i cant wait either! £1900 baby oh yeah!im already thinking of some inexpensive ideas that i would wana do to the micra(if i get it).Its a big shame that its red, because i would really like to have it in black, or in white.but preferably in black. I want to spray all the plastics like the dashboard plastic door panels etc.. all black.As much as i can black, without spraying over the letters/numbers/symbols that are on all the buttons such as the heater, emergency indicator etc..

Ive seen some of you guys with red dashboards etc.. and 2 people with black ones. One person had a glossy black finish, the other was just a normal black finish.
If i get it, i would just want the normal black. Would that just involve just spraying it directly on,without anything else? A couple of other questions. How easy is it to do and how much would it cost, can you just buy afew cans of spraypaint from halfords, take off the bits and spray them where ever. basically, anything thats grey, and plastic, im going to want to turn black:laugh:

How the hell is your loan so much anyway?

I thought i got the maximum loan, and Im getting £1400.

Crazy!

nope, the minimum amount of loan you can get is about £3400(rounded down), and thats non-means tested. Meaning you dont give them your parents details such as income. If you decide to do means tested, the most you can get is about £5800. At the time of when we gave them our details, we were in a small finanicial problem, which is now sorted. Coupled with the fact that my loan came late (not until december i got my first installment). They gave me the full amount of the loan. Ontop of that, they subsidised the cost of my fees, so im only having to pay £108 towards my fees this year, instead of £1175 or whatever.

which meant i got 3installments of approx £1900. one at the start of dec. one on jan 3rd, and im getting the last one of this year some time on monday!! woohoo.

no its definately more than that, but i didnt realise it was nearly 6k - thats crazy. either way, i guesss less loans means less debt ;) Ahhh its monday - who wants to go shopping? :k11green:

yea the loan system must have changed since we last went to uni and thats only 2 years ago. mind you, people will be paying more for tuition which pretty much evens it out.
well welcome and i happen to study business management degree before as well. i hate to break your spirit but the business sector is very competitive. and just a word of advice, experience is more important than a management degree so try get some before you graduate and it would look good on your CV. plus get someone high up like doctors and solicitors etc, make friends with them and get a personal reference off them which will do wonders for your career mate!! :grinning:

enjoy your future micra........

yeah, i realised that business management would be a course that sucks abit.
Sometimes ive been wondering, should i just have taken up photography instead, or art, or motor engineering, one of my hobbys u know.

I hate to think how high the debts of future people who want to go uni, with the minimum fee being raised to £3000!

Ems said:
Lol!! Yeah cheer's Darren!!!

Halford's is known as frauds on the MSC!!!!!

i believe its known as that on just about every car forum going :laugh:

Hi and welcome BTW Anima, im new here myself so still finding my way round (Y)

firstly let me say welcome to msc, hope your stay is a pleasant one...

second, as the head of trade for a halfords store can i just point out that the trade card is available to anyone who uses alot of tools, buys alot of parts or is a technician or mechanic..... this enables you to up 2 30% off all tolls, even special order items and is a CAST IRON GUARENTEE OF THE CHEAPEST PARTS PRICES ANYWHERE.......PROMISE!!!!! up to 75%, like champion eon spark plugs for £4......for 4. oil for £6 5litres,
and also, if you dont have a card......you dont get the prices im afraid....

raceworx could get one...so could anyone who spends about £300+ on tools or parts a month.....

lets put it this way....if we have some tools with a lifetime guarentee for £10 puplic... you get em at £6.50 for the same tool with same guarentee...and can sell them on for £8.50...making a profit and they think ythey have got a bargain...hahahaha everyones a winner.

DIDNT MEAN TO ADVERTISE BUT IT MAY HELP PEOPLE ON A BUDGET

cheers for that antony. Its my dad who has a trade card as he is a mechanic. He works for nationwide auto centre that does servicing/MOTs. On weekends he fixes cars from his previous cilents he had when he was a sole trader and had his own garage.

Update: I asked my dad about the micra his friend had. He told me the man sold it. But the guy has another micra, exactly the same spec etc.. but has 1 broken window. My dads gona try and buy it from him for peanuts because of the broken window. Then he'll just buy another window from the scrap yard or something

nope. While i do business management, they teach my degree course At kingston college, which is pretty much on the corner of penryn road. Same degree course as on Kingston Hill, its just they teach me on the kingston college campus.

Back