• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Pavel_CzeK11's 1.0 weapon of mass destruction

Hi everyone, my name is Pavel, just got my first car, a lovely '96 K11(1.0 GX) from Germany(I live in Czech Republic)
Got it for something like 250$

Pics from mobile.de
http://flic.kr/s/aHsjBBs4Uf

There has been some heavy photoshopping done, the car is not in such a good shape as in the photos, but it was cheap, so i don't mind spending some time on it.

First two photos I got of her

This little turd is gonna get its floor repaired, a full repaint, alloys and everything else .... :D

I am hoping to finish all this 'till Christmas, wish me luck.

The first thing I did was get new alloys.

I really did not like them at first, because it is such a 90s german desing, but without those VW covers, they are really nice and raw looking.
They are Powertech 8x15 on 195/50 so there is a really nice decent stretch going on.

Sorry for instagram. :D

Next I started disassembling the front of the car so I could repair the rust.
the front left fender is sh*t rotten, not going to repair that, gotta get a new one.

There is also a few other spots that need to be repaired.

The front bumper mounting thing(sorry for my lumberjackish english :D ) needs to be repaired too. rusty as hell. and sorry for crappy pic

Also found some stuff around our garage that I'm probably going to use-

an old Victor steering wheel. not in top condition, but not beat up either. I like it. :)

a sports muffler from an old Audi, it's almost the same size as the stock one so there is no problem in fitting it on. I don't like the tailpipe much though, so i think I am going to replace it with something like this
72002.jpg

Also found a CD MP3 Pioneer radio. Sounds OK. No pics needed.
OK but just a small one!

This car just makes me so goddamn happy!

Yeah I started thinking about coilovers recently... I'd love to go lower but first I have to decide whether I want to sacrifice more ground clearance than -35
Anyways, we're fixing rust holes in the floor today, so there is some progress going on, thank god

Yeah I started thinking about coilovers recently... I'd love to go lower but first I have to decide whether I want to sacrifice more ground clearance than -35
Anyways, we're fixing rust holes in the floor today, so there is some progress going on, thank god
Fitting 15" wheels with 195/50/15 tyres from standard 155/70/13 will raise the car 14mm, so you're only losing around 20mm on 35mm springs. Plenty of ground clearance :D

OK. although coilovers for a K11 are very hard to get around here, so I think I will try fitting Corsa B/Polo 6n suspension, I have to think this through.
Anyways, finished a huge rust hole on the drivers' side today, so we are roughly halfway through on the floor. Did it with my dad, arguing all the day through. I thought we were gonna kill each other. hopefully tomorrow we'll get a more positive vibe going on. :D

Also, look at some other amazing rust spots. :mad:

although yesterday some dude left a CRX for repair(fuel pump not working) and it's in such a bad shape that it makes my K11 look like a Rolls-Royce

A package arrived today! yay
what was in it?

This 100year old dust-covered half-opened package with a nice OMP gear knob in it. It was on sale, probably because of the color. :D

This painfully cheap-looking horn button for my Victor

Red "competition" tow hook

aaaand these little tow hooks for my keys :D actually very useful

Now I guess we'll have to wait for weekend for finishing the floor. Then probably widening fenders and repaint.

Got GTi seats yesterday.

The pair is butt-ugly and dirty(no problem with that actually.) also in worse shape, so I hope I'll get passengers' seat to match the third one. But either will do.

Currently waiting for weekend to finish repairing the rusty floor. We got about a third left to do.
Beautiful car :grinning: slam it!:p

Cut one round off the springs and you will not regret it :)

You get it lower and they will still not be loose.

I´m having same plans as the winter is over ;)

Oh by the way, your micra is like a copy of mine...same colour i think and widshield with darkening on top etc . just a smaller engine.

Body work soon to be finished after some work with our Schutzgasschweißgerat.
9812-Hitler2_small.jpg

It sure is a rusty one.

This week I'm getting a CG13DE, for moar powaz and I got a very good price, better than buying the new distribution set for my CG10DE(it really is not called a 'distribution set' is it? y'know, the wheels with the chain?) I am expecting a really nervous car with the CG10DE gearbox.
Also 2 to 3 months until I get my drivers' license.
Everything is turning up just nice.

Big news!
The CG13 is home, should have something around 100 000km on mileage(kilometrage :D ) and i've been told that it ran like new until the very last moment before they tore it out from the donor car. May god have mercy and make this engine really be this good.

I need to clean it...

Also got a little cute spoiler for 20 bucks

Aaand a whole interior of a different trim, I decided not to use these Swift seats.
Only took a picture of front seats while stitching up some holes.

Also quite dirty...

Tore out the rear axle this weekend to replace it with a not-so-rusty one with disc brakes. Also to finally mount the sports suspension.
The trailing arm bushes are K.O., all of them. we ordered new ones, they are a bitch to find. They're coming from somewhere in Poland and should be here in around two weeks hopefully.
So, because we cut all the trailing arms, we had to think of a clever way(which we didn't) to get the car out of the garage so dad has space for work until the new trailing arms come.

At least we got it where we wanted to. :D

Back