open grille k10

So i started my grille today, i did it with a kitchen knife and it worked pretty well. I've left it like this because im unsure wether to open it all up...

Leave it or open it all?
Do you have to use fibreglass and filler when you fill the holes in? Or can you just use filler by itself?

Oh yeah, mesh on there was grinded off an old ironing bored haha :D
Thanks.

25kj7rs.jpg

its looking good and an ironing board.... :D excellent! i like it fully open personally but then you have to think about if you want to keep the nissan logo? keep us updated!
Good Luck :)

yeah theres a micra at my local garage but they need to see if its off to the scrap yard or not... do i need fibre, can i just use filler?

You'll need fibre glass really otherwise the filler has nothing to bond onto.

I like it the way you have it, with the badge :) wouldn't look as good without the centre piece IMHO, looks more proportional.

BG

what i did which is probably bad but worked is cut a strip of plastic from the horizontal slats and put them over the back of the grille and super glued so the filler (that i used) sticks to the plastic instead of just going straight through the hole. Like this:

grill4.jpg

what i did which is probably bad but worked is cut a strip of plastic from the horizontal slats and put them over the back of the grille and super glued so the filler (that i used) sticks to the plastic instead of just going straight through the hole. Like this:

yea nice Stephen.... Nice wooden flooring looks very similar to my bedroom floor and come to think about it my grill and what I did :) what is it and my ideas and stuff when do i ever get the credit eh hehe ;) just so you guys know I used Hot Melt Glue and also did my bumper
ah well never mind you'll always get people copying good ideas ;)

hehehe did think that looked familiar :p ah well there is so much you can do with a K10 as it is literally all custom work! (Y)

Hmmmm...just looked back. I did "wrap" the image location... in the first attempt. Still didn't work?

if your using FB goto the image right click and then click 'copy image location' then click on this icon above the text box on here:
insertimage.png
click on the right tab, enter the copied image location.
then choose whether to have it displayed as a thumbnail (click to full screen) or full size already (the little tick box is to change the display type.)

And WELCOME! (Y)

Back