Micra k11 mesh grille help

Hi there guys, I recently joined this forum and am completely new to all of this (including modifications on cars)
I just turned 18 and recently got a Micra k11 because they are cheap to run and I think behind all the micra hate they are decent little cars!
so anyway I got this car to replace my motorbike as commuting has become a little too difficult lately, and so I have started a bit of work on my micra. Its a red, 2000 1L 16v with about 32,000 on the clock. At the moment ive added a new exhaust back box and trim, had window tints, got some paint work touched up and added a cheeky nismo spoiler because I thought I might as well have a laugh messing around with my first car.

However, dont know if anyone agrees with me but I think the wing shaped grille's at the front of the k11's are hideous, unfortunately I dont have the money to get a new bumper so I want to replace the plastic/chrome bits in the bonnet shape with car grille mesh? The plastic parts inside the grille shape are screwed in so I was wondering do you think it would be possible to just use strong adhesive etc. to glue the mesh in place where the screw holes are. K11 owners im sure you will know what I mean. or any ideas would be great?

Sorry about the huge paragraph! and cheers

You would be better of curing the centre of the grille out and attaching the mesh from behind.
I assume the best way to do this would use a strong adhesive

as you can see on my picture I have mesh grills. I just took my old wing shaped ones out and then cut the mesh into shape, believe it or not i just used tie wraps as from the front you cant see them, there are numerous holes near the grill opening which you can thread the tie wraps through, hope this helps mate but yeahh if not just use strong adhesive :D

Back