not so "super" micra super turbo!!

well to start it off I was just gettin my head around forced induction with my glanza when i came across the micra and said "I'll have a go at that" but i'm not going well (I think)

anyway, to my problem

i got the micra with no belt on the s/c and bypass valve (i believe it's called) unplugged the lad i got it off said it was leakin boost at the s/c and he couldn't figure out where so took off the belt and unplugged the bypass to have it so he could move it around his yard till he got time to root at it but he never did and now i have it

so i put the belt back on and plugged in the bypass and took off a lot of the turbo & intercooler pipes and replaced hose clips and tightened ones that were loose etc but now it seems to be overboosting on the s/c so has anyone any ideas as to what I should do next?

well to start it off I was just gettin my head around forced induction with my glanza when i came across the micra and said "I'll have a go at that" but i'm not going well (I think)

anyway, to my problem

i got the micra with no belt on the s/c and bypass valve (i believe it's called) unplugged the lad i got it off said it was leakin boost at the s/c and he couldn't figure out where so took off the belt and unplugged the bypass to have it so he could move it around his yard till he got time to root at it but he never did and now i have it

so i put the belt back on and plugged in the bypass and took off a lot of the turbo & intercooler pipes and replaced hose clips and tightened ones that were loose etc but now it seems to be overboosting on the s/c so has anyone any ideas as to what I should do next?

Do a search on the forum for the vaccum pipe diagram, your problem lies there unless you have it, your ####ing in to the wind man(Y)

actually there you go
vacuum-0001.gif

off topic reply to off topic reply
I've only had it a couple of weeks and aint really drove it outside of the town so prob wasn't me but previous owner was all over the place in it so ya never know!!

it's not exactly mint but is tidy enough and will be a lot tidier when i get it drivin right
get the mechanicals right then worry bout the body is what i say no point in a minter that goes like crap!!

Have all your solenoids tested also. I had a fault with the one behind the intake manifold when this happened to my ST.

it's all been replaced with silicone hoses before i got it and I'm 98% sure they're all goin to the right places!!

how would i go about testing solenoids??

baz is there anyone in ireland I could bring it to or are we on our own with these??

vaccum pipes are all 100% now but i still have a problem!

seems to be overboostin on the supercharger!!

any suggestions please!!

it does sound like you have 2 vacme lines the wronge way round the 1 is on the y piece that runs over the rocker cover the other is on the the pipe that comes out of the intercooler and goes into the eccs. on this black metal pipe there are 2 hose nipples its the small 1 of the 2.

so put that to the y piece and vice verser and tell me how you get on ok?
what should happen is if its wronge it will boost to about 15psi and hit the boost cut limiter. but if ok you should recieve normal level of sc boost and not hit the limiter.

i've checked them again and they seem to be grand!
any chance you've a pic of where you think its wrong and I'll check?
even which colour pipe on the diagram?

Underneath the "5" on the diag. swap the pink and green, try that, if nothing changed swap them back ,then swap the green with the white pipe that goes to the solinoid on the left(drivers side)

swapped the pink and green and it seems to drive better but low down it doesn't seem to want to pull very well!! sayin that it will pull a ton in 4th handy enough but just does nothin in 5th

the green and white swap it just didn't wanna drive at all!!

been busy with my glanza and new arrivals the last month or so and aint had time to look at the micra but wanna sort it and drive it for a while so anyone able to look at it for me at all please?

i make lovely tea and theres lots of biscuits in the house!!

might even do a sandwich or 2!

been busy with my glanza and new arrivals the last month or so and aint had time to look at the micra but wanna sort it and drive it for a while so anyone able to look at it for me at all please?

i make lovely tea and theres lots of biscuits in the house!!

might even do a sandwich or 2!

Haha ha hav'nt been on much man ,If you bring it to me I'll look at it yeah,throw me a pm there

Back