So how many Micra Super S' were sold in Australia you say?

CMF_NotAnotherSSS

» CMF Member
After having a chat to Nissan Australia, I have determined the number of Super S Micras imported and sold by Nissan from 1995 to 1997.

The magic number?

Budgeting in for accidents and general Micra losses due to bad events such as accidents, floods, fire and famine.

There's probably at most 280 Super S Micras running around Australia.

Quite a rare breed. :) Don't let the insurance companies know though...

Cheers

CMF_micragirl

» CMF Member
By the end of 1995 in Oz the Super S price tag was a whopping $26000, the SLX $22,500 ( I know this because I bought mine brand new) its no wonder there aren't that many around....Nissan reduced the price of the SLX 6 months later by a massive $7000 and included air conditioning as well, and called it the "Solaire" Hmmmm you can imagine my mood when I found this out, nevertheless I still love my car, she's heading into her 10th year, and am planning a party....:-D

cisco

» CMF Member
Do you mean: Damn the stats are missing? He wrote 303 in the first thread..

cisco

» CMF Member
Totally agree. More plans for the web site this weekend.

Going to fix a whole pile of stuff up. Will add this into the permanent sections of the site somewhere.

CMF_Nissanmania

» CMF Member
The fact that the Micra, especially the Super S, is not common in Australia is part of its appeal. Nice to be driving (and modding) something a bit different. But I do cop a hell of a ribbing from mates. They'll get the point eventually!

CMF_eM

» CMF Member
My friend from Mackay has been staying with me the past week. He took stylin for a drive the other day and he said it was a awesome lil car and he has just bought a new xr6 turbo. Alot of people have said after meeting me they drive around and notice the micras everywhere :p

It would be interesting to see how many super s's there are left. like how many are registered and actually on the road.

CMF_Thorpsta

» CMF Member
Your right tom i seen 2 micras at the wreckers a fewa days ago and all it was was a new rear end job :S i hope there are sum left for u and me ay otherwise we may have to get a write off and repair :S thats pricey.

CMF_mipcar

» CMF Member
I'm afraid I no longer have the data to hand.
It was just broken down into Super S ,SLX and LX no reference to series one or Two.

I got my SLX in late '95 for 18,000 without air but with towbar, bonnet and headlight protectors and etended warrenty

CMF_Tony

» CMF Member
If i am correct, I recall something about Micras geting a bad rap when they where released in Australia because of the price/damage to them when in an accident. I think it was the cost of the parts.

I no my other car (95 Bluebird) was the same when it was released the cost off repair was quite high..

CMF_NotAnotherSSS

» CMF Member
Not that it really matters - all cars are expensive to repair these days.

Tony, I see you have good taste sir. A micra and a U13 bluebird. very nice cars those bluebirds. Marketed as a family limo in japan. Very high quality car. :)

Back