Super turbo lag

TJW

Ex. Club Member
I'm having some more trouble with my super turbo. There is a lag between 3500 and 4500 revs but as soon as it hits 4500 and the super charger light turns off it accelerates with no problems then i change gear and its the same all over again.
Could the belt on the super charger need replacing or could it be something to do with the variable actuator??
Or could it be the fueling cause it seems to be ok when i gently accelerate.
Oh yeah and it only does this when its at normal temp never when its only warming up. Plus it idle's at 1200 revs when the lights and fog lights are on and closer to 2000 revs when there off.

Ed

Fusion Motorsport
MSC Founder
Official MSC Trader
Sounds like your ST is in need of a pretty serious mechanical over haul and check of all its systems. Where are you based?

OP
OP
T

TJW

Ex. Club Member
I'm based in ireland just south of dublin. Didn't think it could be that bad since there's only 105,000k from new but it has been sitting up for about three years.

Ed

Fusion Motorsport
MSC Founder
Official MSC Trader
They dont like sitting still really. I would say your best bet is go over every part on the car and check all the valves are working nothing is sticking etc..

OP
OP
T

TJW

Ex. Club Member
But it was driving soo perfectly the week i got it. How would i go about checking all these things and PLEASE don't say take the engine apart!!!

Ed

Fusion Motorsport
MSC Founder
Official MSC Trader
right well first thing to check is all the vacume lines. Buy about 10 meteres of 4mm pipe and replace very small vacume pipe on the car!! Yes there are loads but only do one at a time. They can split. Under the intercooler is the bypass control valve this could be faulty, more likely its the other bypass control valve by the washer jet bottle. These usually cause the supercharger/turbo problems.

Ed

Baz

Ex. Club Member
I'm based in ireland just south of dublin. Didn't think it could be that bad since there's only 105,000k from new but it has been sitting up for about three years.

I live in the blanch area I could have a look at it for you. . .