Not homemade rocker cover painting

I've just sent a spare rocker-cover off for powder coating,

He quoted just £25 including return postage. I'll get a photo up when it comes back.

I sent it here http://www.leominsterpowdercoat.co.uk/id17.html

I've no connection with them, just passing on the info as it seems hardly worth bothering trying to do it yourself when you can get it professionally done so cheaply.

most on here do it themselves and they all look just as good as pro, and could cost under a tenner i think. but nice 1 anyway mate, make sure you get some pics up when its back (Y)

Antony doesnt Powdercoat it does he ?

Powedercoating is almost indestructable, we get things powdercoated at work for BAE and eventually go onto the Eurofighter

no i use wrinkle paint or VHT paint depending on the finish wanted. £25 is incredibly cheap and i am dubius of the finish. i am only making about £7 per item at £27 that doesnt include my labour either as it takes about a week to do propperly.

cheers mate! I personally further appreciate a built car than a bought one ! everyone's knowlegable in spending whilst not every1 is capable of getting their hands dirty!

good value for money!

I'd have done my own too years ago, I still do spend all day rubbing down motorcycle engine bits. But these days with the internet you get to see how it could be done differently.

Most aspects of metal finishing are best left to the professionals, that's not to take away any praise for the great job you did on your rocker-cover.

I was seriously considering an Anthony crackle finish, bur felt powder-coat would be a better option in the long run, no doubt it will outlast the car, and I hope to keep the car for at least another ten years.

Photo to follow, will also get one of the car with new alloys fitted, but may wait until I've dropped it 35mm :eek:

I work at a galvanising/powder coating company so could get any bits I wanted done! so a quick question, if I was to get my rocker cover powder coated would I have to mask off the underside or just get the whole thing sprayed?

My rocker cover arrived back this morning, it looks reasonable I guess.

I can't recommend them though, it's taken 28 days, I had no return to my emails for several days, he tore one of the spark plug sleeve oil seals I had left in and then powdercoated them as well.

It will work out OK once I get some new seals in, however I am starting to wonder why I bothered, after all no-one will ever see it apart from me.

I must add I'm very critical and a bit of a perfectionist.

wheels001.jpg

that is super ####in AMAZING! I love it! preety nice job, but had to had a spare one to continue the daily micra drive whilst had that one held for 28 days.. very worth it..... if you got a spare one!

Back