No power on 3rd and 4th

hi All,

I have a 1.0 march/micra (2 door) which i race in a standard march one make class. i just finished my first tar mac rally and in that i found that my car had quite a bit of power on 1st and 2nd gear but on 3rd and up, it just bogs.

there is no power at all on 3rd

any ideas what i need to look at for this. I have only done the exhaust and reflashed the ecu.

gearing too high ? most of the rally guy,s use the coilpack 1.0 (4.5:1 diff) g/box, or else a rally 5:1 diff :)

thanks for the replies...

the gearbox is standard.. i'm not allowed to do much to the car except the exhaust and ecu. the rest have to be bog standard. so cam change is out as well..

below is a pic of my car...

46099.jpg

yes bagas, i am using a pre-facelift ecu....

allen..i don't have the torque curve... we don't have the equipment needed to get this.

What kind o daughterboard did you use? Calumsult?

With the Pre-facelift ECU the dash doesnt indicate any speed, right?

Did you use any kind of loom adapter or it was a direct fit?

the board was imported from japan. i don't know the exact name of it. communicating about the board itself was a task.

my dash indicates the speed. not sure how accurately but it does work. i have an aftermarket rev meter that doesn't work correctly though.

the ecu was a direct fit. no adapter.

just to check, i'll be running my standard ecu this weekend to see how the car does.

the board was imported from japan. i don't know the exact name of it. communicating about the board itself was a task.

my dash indicates the speed. not sure how accurately but it does work. i have an aftermarket rev meter that doesn't work correctly though.

the ecu was a direct fit. no adapter.

just to check, i'll be running my standard ecu this weekend to see how the car does.

Ok, so a Pre-Facelift ECU fits a Facelift Micra without any mods? Thats good news...

About the revcounter, did you fit it using the blue wire on the distributor?

Hi all,

im back after trying out a few things.

first thing i did was put in the standard ecu and checked. the problem still exists. i shifted at the limiter but right after i get into 3rd, it bogs down and takes a long time to get going... the initial punch is missing.

so i checked the ignition timing and cam timing, both are ok. will be checking the fuel pump today. still not any closer to figuring this out

i'll be getting the revcounter wiring checked next week..

update: checked the fuel pump. it's working fine.

pulled out the spark plugs just for fun, they were off by a few mm, made the change there, didn't really do much.

finally we decided to tinker around with the timing. that did the trick. now i think the car is going as it should on 3rd and 4th etc..

Back