HELP........losing power in 3rd :(

Dr Zoidberg

Ex. Club Member
driving home just now on m-way and car felt like its losing power in 3rd. it kinda gets just past 4k rpm and stops, then starts to pull again about 200 rpm more then stops again. then starts again etc.......

it keeps doing this in 3rd, all the other gears are fine plenty of pull :(

dunno whats going on feels like its hesitating. any help or ideas what it could be will be mucho appreciated.

:(

edit: forgot to say car has just had full service.

got the list of things to check engine is to hot now and i'm off to the pub. :D

if the maf was on the way out would it not happen in every gear?

keep an eye on the distributer itself! mine packed up completely the other day - wasnt as drastic as yours sounds - but it did have some flat spots appear! then one very large flat spot (not moving at all)

RE: RE: HELP........losing power in 3rd :(

Andrew said:
Does the K11 even have a sensor to know what gear you are in?

not sure mate

checked everything out leads/plugs etc they fine, car was fully serviced 3 weeks ago. still stumped by this :S

any other ideas peeps, ta

cheers ian, gonna have another look tonight.

also gonna reset the ecu maybe it'll help, doesn't make sense why it happens at the top end of 3rd alone :S

ok a little update................ its fixed woohoo! mucho acceleration again :)

had another look at the plugs leads and stuff tonight, took them out put them etc again all fine. went for a drive and its fixed will accelerate all the way to the limiter again. didn't reset the ecu as i was gonna do that tonight.

still have no idea as to why this happened :S maybe something had come loose and by removing/refitting it got pushed back in. again why it would only effect 3rd is beyond me :S

not gonna complain cos it'll break again :D cheers for the help everyone

graeme :)

check the basics... might be worth getting a new set of leads, make sure they are all plugged in properly etc :)

Back